No announcement yet.

Heer Officers M43 cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant no ill feelings with my question. Not every collector or buyer is a forum member. That said, it does not exempt them from doing their homework. A plus that you posted for reference but not everyone of those "thousands" do that.
    I would like to get an officers M-43 but at you said, there are a lot of "restored" items out there that have not been vetted. Ron

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
    That's life though isn't it?

You sell a car with a 100k miles on the clock and the buyer turns the clock back to 50k and sells it on. You sell a house with a leaky roof and the buyer sells it's on without mentioning the roof.

In regards to this cap, I've done all that I can do by posting it here with the original ebay pic etc. I've not attempted to apply the insignia in a way that would fool anyone that knows what they are doing. It's simply folded over at the top and tacked in place down the sides. When it moves on to the next owner, my responsibility for it has ended.

I find it incredibly ironic and very funny that someone should ask me whether I've marked this cap as restored when there are thousands of "restored" items in collections all over the world today that sellers declared as "untouched", many of them costing huge amounts of money but no one really makes a fuss about that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X