Luftwaffe Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Visor

Heres one I just picked up. The Vet's son had a neat story. Take it for what its worth.

"He was in an army ordinance unit moving across France toward Berlin in 1944, when his unit came across an abandoned Luftwaffe airbase. He has since passed away, but the story he told is that they found an officers' cloak room with shelves of officers' caps lining the walls. Gls were walking around trying on caps and tossing them on the floor. My dad waded into a sea of hats and picked this cap to bring home. He also brought home a complete buckle and belt. "
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Something's to remember your dad by. They must have snagged the higher ranked hats, but still excellent condition for so many decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
            Something's to remember your dad by. They must have snagged the higher ranked hats, but still excellent condition for so many decades ago.
            agree. It is in the best condition of any visor I have come across. The only blemish is a small moth nip on the top.

Comment

Nice score, great story....
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                Nice score, great story....
                Thanks!

Comment

Wow thats a fine example, like new condition.

Comment

Nice to know that the 'original collectors' were also concerned with size and if it fit them. LOL.

Comment

NO DOUBT the shelves of OFFICER caps is actually the airbase depot or clothing these were taken from..I do LOVE the story passed down to the family by the GI.. JMHO..
                      Billbert

Comment

Over 20 years ago I got two of these from a vet (he had 3), with almost the same story. They were in even better condition than yours - totally mint. One had the name tag of a Fallschirmjaeger in the slot and his unit stamp on the backside of the sweatband. Is yours stamped?

Comment

Originally posted by SgtB View Post
                          Over 20 years ago I got two of these from a vet (he had 3), with almost the same story. They were in even better condition than yours - totally mint. One had the name tag of a Fallschirmjaeger in the slot and his unit stamp on the backside of the sweatband. Is yours stamped?
                          Interesting. Never looked. Guess I should If its stamped Ill post

Comment

Only stamped 1939

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X