Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feldgrau mix?

Good day Gentlemen,
    A question regarding the use of different shades of feldgrau on caps/uniforms.
    I came across a colour image on the Coloured War Slides "Pixpast" thread of a German soldier mending his socks and he's using a stick grenade for a darning ball. He appears to be wearing an HBT uniform. His Feldmütze is sitting on the bench beside him. The main body of the cap appears to made from a late war grey wool, while the brim appears to be made from an earlier, more greenish shade of feldgrau. I've never before seen the mixing of different shades of feldgrau on individual items. My question is, would this have been the result of late war economy/emergency production or possibly a field repair?
    Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    Bern

The photo is on page 7 of the "coloured war slides" thread, photo and paper items forum.
    Last edited by Bern; 09-13-2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I don't see that photo on page 7 .

Most likely a M42 with added visor,the cloth seldom is an exact match as they were applied after issue.

This M43 used 2 shades of wool during the manufacture though.

Glenn
      Attached Files
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Thanks for the info Glenn, I do see the variation in the shade of feldgrau on your cap. And it makes sense about a brim being sewn onto an M42. I hope the link to the page I was talking about works.
        Regards
        Bern

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=586902&page=7

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X