Late Heer M-43 Hat...Officer Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Heer M-43 Hat...Officer Upgrade

Here is a late M-43 that was upgraded by a Gebergsjaeger officer..A standard issue M-43 that had thick cord piping added,silver buttons added and an edelweiss applied....This particular maker seemed to sew the insignia quite low on the front.

I have seen this type of officers twist piping in at least 3 different thicknesses that I can think of,this one being of the thicker type or a heavier gauge than the others...Have also seen wire basket weave piping and celleon piping used in some upgraded officer hats.

The period photo of the Panzer officer shows this type of piping being worn on both the top and front of the hat.

Glenn
    Attached Files
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Once again Glenn another outstanding specimen I though I recognized that maker and a slightly low insignia application here is mine for comparison http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=477519
          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
            Once again Glenn another outstanding specimen I though I recognized that maker and a slightly low insignia application here is mine for comparison http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=477519

Very nice Lenny...I used to have another from this maker in a large size 60.

Glenn

Comment

Wonderful cap Glenn. The addition of the cord piping to the caps front flaps is especially attractive.

Comment

Man I love this cap, nice Glenn.

Comment

I really dig that pipping upgrade! I would love to have an example like this sitting in my collection. Great condition with a nice and unquestionable period upgrade. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X