WWII German Overseas Cap - what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII German Overseas Cap - what is it?

I would sincerely appreciate any identification on this overseas cap with orange piping. Who wore it? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Additional photos
    Attached Files

Comment

That's a really interesting cap. Will defer to others as to what and who but, us DAK cap aficionado's are familiar with that Schlesische stamp.

Robt.

Comment

with the eagle army could be military police imo

Comment

The orange piping seems to resemble that of the Gendarmerie polzei

Comment

With that low eagle placement I would this its helferin related...a female working in a recruiting office?
            Otherwise without the eagle I would say Civil polizei but the color is more armed forces green, not polizei green...intriguing piece...and the eagle is early!

Comment

Feldgendarmerie

Comment

Hello,

I have absolutely no idea what this hat is but it looks pretty neat. The eagle is early, White on Grey, and the head faces to the eagles own right. From what I understand this was done with a few early production BeVo weave Heer eagles.

Didn't the Fire police or Fire department also use this style of piping on their hats? Different colors but down the front and on the crown?

Interesting piece.

Fred

Comment

I was thinking female and perhaps recruiting since it's orange piped but it might be some kind of transitional piece since the eagle is early. When the Heer expanded lots of polizei members were transferred to or posted in Heer units functioning as Feldgendarmerie personnel for traffic duties. We have seen on WAF civil orange piped police uniforms with added Heer breast eagles...a similar mis-match.
                  Might be from that early period. Try the polizei section.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/deutsc...niform-166258/

Comment

My guess is Postschutz....... they used orange piping.....

Last edited by DRK; 07-04-2015, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRK View Post
                      My guess is Postschutz....... they used orange piping.....

Comment

Please, what color is gray army, or police green??? thanks greetings sergio

Comment

Just a thought but orange-red piping was also used by 'recruiting' personnel. For all intents and purposes this is a pretty rare cap.

Robt.

Comment

Originally posted by RGD51 View Post
                            Just a thought but orange-red piping was also used by 'recruiting' personnel. For all intents and purposes this is a pretty rare cap.

Robt.
                            Yes , but army caps had a colored soutache and no piping.....
                            So army recruiting caps would have a colored soutache , just like the caps fo infantry , artillery etc. etc.....

Theo

Comment

Originally posted by ferdinandmax View Post
                              Please, what color is gray army, or police green??? thanks greetings sergio
                              Here's a comparison , Polizei cap at the left..... note the different color green....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X