Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergmütze Bayerische Mützenfabrik Jäger

Hi,

I´ve got this Bergmütze today. What are your thoughts on it. Looks genuine to me.

KR
    Thorsten
    Attached Files

More pics
    Attached Files

Comment

More
      Attached Files

Comment

Last
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the real deal and with an interesting ersatz sweatband.

Robt.

Comment

Bergm

Very nice. For a 1941-er I would have expected a leather sweat band would be used. So much for necessity.

Comment

Nice to see with the jager badge. J

Comment

I´m glad you like it! Does someone has another Bergmütze from this maker? Would really see some pics of another one for comparison.

KR
                Thorsten

Comment

it looks like it does not have the short peak, also why is the maker so much clearer than the date, different ink used?

I like the cap, but im curious about the different shades of the stamps...anyone encountered this before?

The wool also seems thick...also the lining seems that too...might be a variation though...

Any sign of where the bird was?

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/FORU....php?p=5969497

Comment

thank you Ben for the link! The date on this cap has a lighter coulor, too.

What are your thoughts on my cap?

KR
                      Thorsten

Comment

I like your cap, it's authentic IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
                          it looks like it does not have the short peak, also why is the maker so much clearer than the date, different ink used?

I like the cap, but im curious about the different shades of the stamps...anyone encountered this before?

The wool also seems thick...also the lining seems that too...might be a variation though...

Any sign of where the bird was?
                          Looks like a short peak to me. I can see only light signs of the eagle ( some stiches)

@ Ben: Glad you like it

Regarda
                          Thorsten

Comment

Thorsten,

I like the cap too. If this is a reproduction, I would have been fooled. As noted, the stamps and sweatband are curious, but I don't think they affect the authenticity.

For the purpose of demonstration, could you please take some more photos? If you stuff it with paper or a display head, we can get a better view of its shape. I'd also like to see the sides of the cap with the flaps down and a close-up of the inner flap were the badge is secured (to see the prongs).

-Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Gebirgsjgr View Post
                              Thorsten,

I like the cap too. If this is a reproduction, I would have been fooled. As noted, the stamps and sweatband are curious, but I don't think they affect the authenticity.

For the purpose of demonstration, could you please take some more photos? If you stuff it with paper or a display head, we can get a better view of its shape. I'd also like to see the sides of the cap with the flaps down and a close-up of the inner flap were the badge is secured (to see the prongs).

-Matt
                              Here are some more pics. I will add some with my other Bergmütze aside, so you can compare the peak

KR
                              Thorsten
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X