Heer Side Cap Motorcorp

pi2
        Attached Files

Comment

Moved from E Stand for discussion.

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Looks like a reproduction I seen these types at the sos show years ago with every branch color
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
              Looks like a reproduction I seen these types at the sos show years ago with every branch color
              Agree, you can compare with the one for sale on Marshal's baton site as "Heer Panzer Piped Enlisted Overseas Cap"#4649.
              I have pics of other same type of sidecaps with nebel and artillery soutaches.

derka

Comment

Its not a good one. Matt

Comment

And the price was too good to be true...

Comment

Heer Side Cap Motorcorp

tt

Comment

Heer Side Cap Motorcorp

I am not trying to take advantage of anyone. Life is too short. I pride myself on pricing. If you knew me my pricing always reflects a GREAT VALUE. I appreciate all the comments. I do not profess to be an expert but I am VERY SURPRISED this one is bogus. I know exactly where is came from. I guess they were making bogus ones during the war. Maybe late. I scratch my head.

Comment

That's not copper brown, sorry.

Robt.

Comment

Heer Side Cap Motorcorp

Don't be sorry. It may not be. Looks like it in person but as I said I am not an expert. I am not trying to be controversial. That is not my style. I am just trying to pass on some "Good deals" to other collectors where all are happy. Been my style of selling for 40 years. Has done me well. I just know as I said exactly where this one came from. For that I am not sorry. But I don't want to think anyone did not get a good deal nor the real thing so I will just say it is not for sale any longer on the forum. If I could remove I would but I guess that can't be done.
                          Again, I appreciate all your inputs. A learning experience. I sleep well knowing where it came from.

Comment

Go onto www.themarshalsbaton.com and compare it with his couple just like it. It's a known fake but your the only one who has to be happy with it. If you like it then by all means enjoy it. I buy original stuff and don't trust an item because I know where it came from or who I bought it from. That is a poor way of doing business in my opinion and especially in this hobby. I have bought stuff from vets and seen reproductions in their stuff, like 1960s really bad repros and they tell you it came from the war..... Right. Lots of vets still bought stuff at gun shows after the war and when that stuff comes up for sale now everyone just believes it's all original because it came from an estate. Buy the item and not the story and not just because you trust a person. Everyone makes mistakes. Again, at the end of the day the only person who has to be happy with it is you but either way you slice it, it's a repro cap. Matt

Comment

This is the one on "marshalsbaton" site :

A nebel one for comparizon :

They all have same caracteristics, i won't go deeper to show details here.
                              If you "sleep well knowing where it came from", then nothing to add.
                              derka

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X