Hitler and Goring Visor Caps For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler and Goring Visor Caps For Sale

I just saw these posted for sale on Gary Hendershott's site...Has anyone seen these or handled them? I think these were part of Wilson History and Research Center. Links below are to the cap images.

http://www.garyhendershott.net/newsl...15_04/hat1.jpg

Adolf Hitler’s – Leader of Nazi Germany Visor Hat

There can be no more recognizable hat during World War II than that of Adolf Hitler’s wartime gray visor hat with the tall red brown band this color indicating his political affiliation with the NSDAP. With the simple red cockade at the center amid a gold braid laurel wreath, the eagle and swastika above, the two gold gilt braided cords are still gleaming above the brown visor. Hitler liked to mix among the people and soldiers as a seemingly normal and common soldier, emblematic of his long struggle. While he had periods of bravado and resplendent uniforms that matched them, this was his preferred headgear, a historical survivor from one of the most evil dictators in world history, a powerful man and genius of a strategist who destroyed most of Europe. His famous hat-maker label inside the crown Hotlers-Uniformen Berlin W. 50 from the Robert Wilson Museum Collection

$250,000

http://www.garyhendershott.net/newsl...15_04/hat2.jpg
    Hermann Göring’s Elaborate Nazi Reichsmarschall Visor Hat with Gold Gilt

Hitler’s Reichsmarschall, head of the Luftwaffe and 2nd in Command of Nazi Germany

One of the most powerful men in Nazi Germany, Hermann Göring was with Adolf Hitler from the very beginning. Wounded at the Beer Hall Putsch, the first leader of the Gestapo and at one time Hitler’s heir to the throne of his empire, he headed the German Luftwaffe, and was 2nd in command of Germany. Reichsmarschall Göring was an extremely powerful, and menacing figure, as well as the wealthiest Nazi Leader in Hitler’s Third Reich owning steel factories which he profited greatly from during the war. Known for his Art and eccentric Luxury items, he looted Art and Jewelry from across Europe. Beautifully made with a pure French silk liner unmarked but possibly made in Paris during the Nazi Occupation when Göring lived at the Ritz Hotel in Paris. A remarkable showpiece

$125,000

Both is fake!

Comment

Wow; maybe both for only $350,000? Let's see, a second mortgage...................
      Both are of course bad, the Goring especially so.
      It's only March 15th, not April 1st.

Bob Shoaf
      Last edited by Robert Shoaf; 03-15-2015, 05:40 PM. Reason: wrong icon

Comment

Ditto the above--they are both repros (the AH hat is a Janke).
        These have been bouncing around on obscure internet auction sites for years....
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

PS--I sincerely doubt that Robby ever had these in his collection.....
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Take a look at his site...quite the pile of rare artifacts.

Comment

Bishops hat is junk, too.
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Standard issue USMC officer's dress cap $ 1,650, ditto USN $1,250, and a Civil Defense Helmet $ 1,150!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hicks View Post
                  Take a look at his site...quite the pile of rare artifacts.
                  "Pile" is right
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

The Hitler and Goring visors were both listed in Cowan's auction for October 2012--neither sold.
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Gentlemen:

As a serious collector of Confederate swords and militaria, my other 'passionate' area of collecting allowed me to become acutely aware of Gary Hendershott's typical jaw-dropping catalog offerings. He is an acquaintance of mine whose reputation is beyond reproach; however, his expertise in Civil War extends beyond to other collecting areas. Undoubtedly tho, he decided at some point to venture into the treacherous "minefield" of WW2 German artifacts, and like us all have done at some point, it is apparent that he came into possession of some items that could be deemed "dubious" at best. (Yet, when you have owned and sold Confederate swords worth $75K+, along with other military items once belonging to such historical figures as Santa Anna, "Bobby" Lee, U.S. Grant, W.T. Sherman, "JEB" Stuart, countless U.S. Presidents, etc., it really is not that unlikely that Mr. Hendershott, of all people, could conceivably acquire Goring &/or Hitler's personal visors.)

Accordingly, I contacted him via email and informed him of this invaluable website, the extremely knowledgeable contributors who kindly share their knowledge and expertise on a daily basis, and was asked by him to forward a link to this particular topic, as well as convey his intention to immediately withdraw the hats for the purpose of having them authenticated.

Therefore, y'all can rest easy knowing that some sellers in this world still value their name and reputation over the almighty dollar; that said, I don't know who he'll elect to review the hats, but it would not surprise me if one of our own members are contacted to perform this service.

Frankly, I'd be satisfied with the opinions offered by Stonemint and a couple of others, but then again, even our forum's own respective "Gurus" cannot fully agree with one another each and every time. Therefore, I haven't a clue who Mr. Hendershott may employ for this endeavor; furthermore, I cannot emphasize enough that the comments above are MY OWN OPINION.

Mr. Hendershott did indicate in his emailed response to me that he'd post his own comments to this thread. If true, then I consider this a "Victory" for the WAF, as perhaps Mr. Hendershott will become an active contributor from whom we can all benefit from, especially in the numerous other genres of collecting that his expertise and character are the equal of very few individuals in the world. Likewise, he too will be able to reap the benefits of a WAF membership, from gaining valuable insight and knowledge, as well as the opportunity to acquire some of the VERY BEST in WW2 German militaria. That said, if any of you jokers should reap the benefit of MY actions and efforts if/when Mr. Hendershott purchases one of your helmets, visors, uniforms, etc., then I BETTER get a % of the final sale, first offerings on any CS swords for sale, or one of the forum sections named after me!

Comment

I have the Hermann Historica Munchen "Robby Wilson Collection" auction book , dated March 25 & 26, 2014, & neither cap is included.

Comment

"There were only two ‘Nazi Bishops’; Ludwig Müller and Franz Justus Rarkowski"

Ludwig Muller??? Who was that? Does he mean Feldbischof Franz Dohrmann???

And neither wore bullion wreath insignia (besides the piping is the wrong color and the cross is a cast knockoff since both wore the standard vaulted 3D cross....)

These three are fairly large mistakes; especially when dealing with "one of a kind" militaria.
                          Last edited by Chris Liontass; 03-17-2015, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paris Gun View Post
                            Gentlemen:

As a serious collector of Confederate swords and militaria, my other 'passionate' area of collecting allowed me to become acutely aware of Gary Hendershott's typical jaw-dropping catalog offerings. He is an acquaintance of mine whose reputation is beyond reproach; however, his expertise in Civil War extends beyond to other collecting areas. Undoubtedly tho, he decided at some point to venture into the treacherous "minefield" of WW2 German artifacts, and like us all have done at some point, it is apparent that he came into possession of some items that could be deemed "dubious" at best. (Yet, when you have owned and sold Confederate swords worth $75K+, along with other military items once belonging to such historical figures as Santa Anna, "Bobby" Lee, U.S. Grant, W.T. Sherman, "JEB" Stuart, countless U.S. Presidents, etc., it really is not that unlikely that Mr. Hendershott, of all people, could conceivably acquire Goring &/or Hitler's personal visors.)
                            While that may be true, if he is so easily fooled by this one-looker rubbish, I don't hold out much hope that anything else he has is any better. I hate to think what he may have paid for these beginner-level fakes.

Comment

True

Originally posted by SgtB View Post
                              While that may be true, if he is so easily fooled by this one-looker rubbish, I don't hold out much hope that anything else he has is any better. I hate to think what he may have paid for these beginner-level fakes.
                              This is true, just looked at some of his items.....he has much homework to do to get some things right.
                              If his reputation is high on US items, he should better stay with this kind of stuff.

Regards
                              Christian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X