Comment

Pretty pricey for eBay already for a pretty beat cap

Comment

cap

Good nice cap.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Beck View Post
            Pretty pricey for eBay already for a pretty beat cap

It is what I call the "beater theory"-- beater hats bring almost 3/4 the price of a mint example--there is no logic on ebay.

The high bidder also doesn't realize he is going to have to pay at least $2500 for a matching set of insignia (which probably won't even stay put because of all the damage to the pasteboard).
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Sadly you are correct! Pretty high hammer price

Comment

Wow--went for EUR 3,398.50

$3,875.14 (US)--is that the sound of dealers jacking up the prices on these visors I hear in the background?
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Joke

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                    It is what I call the "beater theory"-- beater hats bring almost 3/4 the price of a mint example--there is no logic on ebay.

The high bidder also doesn't realize he is going to have to pay at least $2500 for a matching set of insignia (which probably won't even stay put because of all the damage to the pasteboard).
                    Thankfully, I don't collect SS headgear, but why is the cap insignia SO bloody expensive? I just don't get it.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post
                      Thankfully, I don't collect SS headgear, but why is the cap insignia SO bloody expensive? I just don't get it.

Bob Shoaf
                      certainly not scarcity because if you need a set you can generally find a set with no problem. Just simply demand

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post

Bob Shoaf
                        Because there are so many that collect just insignia, and not the hats (another reason why so many SS fezes are missing their insignia today).
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

And, the insignia that would go with that hat are the early plated ones that are very scarce.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                            Because there are so many that collect just insignia, and not the hats (another reason why so many SS fezes are missing their insignia today).
                            The reason Fezes are missing the insignia is that they are cheap way to obtain insignia for restoring other caps, both original and fakes.

I dont think insignia collectors buy fezes to strip them off insignia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X