X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solo View Post
    IMO not original could be aput together,there are extra holes in the liner
    Carlo
    My thoughts as well regarding the liner.

Comment

what about exterior? shape, wool etc.

Comment

Sorry for the photos, I thought that bigger is better.
        You can double click with left mouse buton on photos and they will open up in your computers at normal size.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
          Visor has been restitched , also has an appearance like it was painted with something like white shoe polish....as I see the uneven finish near the edge...I like the piping,but would the makers mark be printed to the sweat shield ? Seems the marks were under that...I may be wrong...but like the other guy said...if its reasonable ...its worth buying, as it has some redeeming qualitys....too bad the eagle is missing...I saw one of the gold eagles somewhere a while back.....but I think its gone now. One thing I always look at is where in the back the piping comes together ...it should be expertly stitched so it almost appears like it is one piece where it butt seams together. I like it. Not sure about the hat box...that could have been for another hat and just put in it...anybody know about the box?
          Great thanks for your opinion
          IMHO bottom of the visor is normal, only photo were made with to much light.

Comment

photos in normal size

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
              IMO not original could be aput together,there are extra holes in the liner
              Carlo
              I finally got it home. I went for this cap over 700 kilometers and not regret. This visor came from Krakow, and i must admit that for me is beautiful. Seller which is my friend also, told me that it was found like as is, and i believe him because the leather of the sweatband is very old, from the front is even soft (i think that's because got a lot of sweat), but from the back is very dry, and got no leather smell. IMHO it was made professional because stitches were made at equal intervals, only thread broke. Sweatband is skewed, but look at the sweat, is in the middle.
              Gold bullion has a beautiful patina (original gold is seen under the cord), under shield is visible inscription officer class and extra. All is original and great condition, inside is no signs of alteration, only sweatband is replaced.
              Probably most ridiculous opinion i read on this forum is that what Carlo wrote:
              "IMO not original could be aput together,there are extra holes in the liner
              Carlo" please dont be angry at me Carlo, but what extra holes?
              Liner is 100% original, and there are no extra holes only sewing is interrupted, and please remember the sweatband was replaced.
              I want to thank Stainer and Stonemint for your opinion it helps me a lot
              and sorry for my english.

Last edited by Lukasz78; 08-23-2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X