M43 markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 markings

I still do not know how to post a photo but I have a M43 Heer field cap with the following markings in the liner: (?) todt (over) wiesbaden, (size)55, Boelig und Gr--- (This part of the label is worn off).

The cap has two well worn pebble buttons.

There is silver piping surrounding the crown of the cap. I can not find the meaning of this piping.

this cap was in an old box containing WW1 & 2 helmets. I do not doubt that this is real. The box was a vet bring back and all was dusty and dirty except this cap. It is not soiled as it was rolled up inside a German helmet.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Without seeing it, sounds like an Organization Todt officer's M-43 cap. They are relatively rare but not as sought after as caps from the combat branches.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
      Without seeing it, sounds like an Organization Todt officer's M-43 cap. They are relatively rare but not as sought after as caps from the combat branches.
      Thanks for the reply. If and when i decide to pass it on do you think $800 - 900 would be reasonable if it is in excellent condition?

Comment

Originally posted by kenw View Post
        Thanks for the reply. If and when i decide to pass it on do you think $800 - 900 would be reasonable if it is in excellent condition?
        Is the original trapezoidal (eagle and cockade) insignia present? If so, your suggested asking price sounds reasonable.

Comment

Is the original trapezoidal (eagle and cockade) insignia present? If so, your suggested asking price sounds reasonable.
          Yes, the original trapezoidal insignia is present. I now have a better understanding what the Todt did. I think I will place this cap among my extension hat/helmet collection. Seems that this could be used as a trade item as well. I now wonder what the top price would be? I keep trying to post photos but they do not seem to work. I think other collectors would be interested in seeing some of my items. Thanks for your feedback. Very helpful. Ken

Comment

posting pictures for Ken W
            Attached Files
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Attached Files
              teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice untouched officers hat,certainly original.

Glenn
                    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                      Nice untouched officers hat,certainly original.

Glenn
                      Looks good to me as well piping color is off due to the lighting in Kens pictures

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X