M-43 SS Tropical cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M-43 SS Tropical cap

Hey guy's, I am in the process of buying this very nice hard to find SS tropical cap form a well known dealer and a Forum sponsor, and I just want to make sure this cap is 100% period. The dealer Peter knows that I have posted this up for discussion, and for me I have purchased from him before with out problems with his items he sales, so I am sure this cap is ok, but as this item is not seen much, and I have been looking for a while for a cap just like this form my full mannequin of a Sahariana out fit, plus when high dollars are involved, you just want to make sure the items totally original to the period and not messed with post War with pieces added.

Thanks for your'e help,

Lou
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

You are aware that this has an arm eagle which is commonly more than often the norm with these caps. The headgear size eagles are very rare and next to impossible to obtain.

Otherwise the cap is beyond the limitations of my knowledge. Would like to acquire one of these myself to complete my full SS tropical ensemble myself, that's all that's missing.

-Ray-

Comment

Originally posted by -Ray- View Post
                The headgear size eagles are very rare and next to impossible to obtain.

-Ray-

They sell for US$1000+, if not US$2000+ and even then you can not get one for love of trying,

Chris

Comment

[QUOTE=-Ray-;5950143]You are aware that this has an arm eagle which is commonly more than often the norm with these caps. The headgear size eagles are very rare and next to impossible to obtain.

Otherwise the cap is beyond the limitations of my knowledge. Would like to acquire one of these myself to complete my full SS tropical ensemble myself, that's all that's missing.

Thanks Ray, yes I did know about the eagle being a arm eagle as the Dealer did mention it, but I forgot (got up to early and didn't have my cupa as yet) to put it in my text. My main concern was this sleeve eagle added period or post War?
                  Yep I have been looking for one of these for a wile, and I have only found 2 for sale beside this one, one of them (on another dealers, its still there) is a nice size and its has the silver button below the skull stating it's a officers one, and the other I thought I had made a deal with was on E-stand a few weeks ago, with out skull or eagle but it didn't happen, but thats ok as this one is a is a stunner.
                  Anyway Ray I just now need a pair off Sahariana trousers (as I had a set off copied ones as fill in's).

Lou

Comment

[QUOTE=90th Light;5950165]They sell for US$1000+, if not US$2000+ and even then you can not get one for love of trying,

Yes Chris the rearer the item is the price is sky high

Lou

Comment

looks identical to one I acquired directly from vet is 1970's, I like it!

Comment

I like it too, was it at SOS this year? Just curious, thanks. The one I saw there was a beauty and in the $10-12K area.

Robt.

Comment

I know a vet who still has two in small sizes, and the both have the skull where the eagle is ONLY! Ive been waiting for 55 years to get one from his family members...also has a russian from ss painted white stahlhelm. I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole being messed with and in new manufactured condition ...sorry, if you like it buy it, but Ill wait for the real deal I know has provenance . Best of luck...anyway.

Comment

[QUOTE=RGD51;5950822]I like it too, was it at SOS this year? Just curious, thanks. The one I saw there was a beauty and in the $10-12K area.

Robt I don't know this Dealer is located in Sweden, and he hasn't told me were he purchased from.

Lou

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                              I know a vet who still has two in small sizes, and the both have the skull where the eagle is ONLY! Ive been waiting for 55 years to get one from his family members...also has a russian from ss painted white stahlhelm. I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole being messed with and in new manufactured condition ...sorry, if you like it buy it, but Ill wait for the real deal I know has provenance . Best of luck...anyway.

juoneen, for me it's just right, as I it is in near mint condition, as will fit my display, as my, Sahariana jacket, shirt are in mint condition (unused/just issued) so it will fit in nicely

Lou

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X