black capband unknown visor ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black capband unknown visor ID

Last edited by chiffonnier; 08-31-2020, 03:13 AM.

Comment

I believe this may be an Imperial era cap; the impression on the velvet band appears to be that of a cockade.
      The tellermutze shape would be appropriate for that time, and the field grey, with a black velvet band, and red piping would be for artillery, and engineers, possibly flying troops, and some other units. The velvet would indicate a cap for an officer, or senior nco.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Definately early...1920's possibly early 30's...
        Could be Strassenbahn related (light rail/tram or municipal bus service even) ...
        Definately a civil mutze of some sort!

Comment

Comment

Plus one. Definately not a military cap, but a civil one. Coulor of the cap is not military anyway. Compare the shape fo the cap with pictures of worn caps of Freikorpse. They all have completely other shapes.

Regards, Kees

Comment

Originally posted by c.rotte View Post
              Plus one. Definately not a military cap, but a civil one. Coulor of the cap is not military anyway. Compare the shape fo the cap with pictures of worn caps of Freikorpse. They all have completely other shapes.

Regards, Kees
              To: chiffonnier: Ja ik ben een aardige kerel!

C.Rotte: Exactly, the shape is a clue that its civilian and ALSO the waterproof liner, something you don't see often in military caps...
              Seen on (later WW2) Polizei and feuerschutz visors... I vote strassenbahn, light rail, bus or something along those lines
              which also explains the lack of cap cords. (but that is not a golden rule either!)

Here's a similar shaped one from my collection which came with matching strassenbahn uniform+pants viewable in the bottom thread link...
              These came in various colors and piping farbes depending on the municipality, private enterprise or public city rail (tram) etc...
              I put together a strassenbahn volkssturm member!

More examples (period images) here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...senbahn&page=2

Attached Files
              Last edited by NickG; 03-29-2013, 10:32 PM.

Comment

I think it may just be a post-WWI manufactured example of a WWI cap for Pioneer, Artillery etc.

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X