Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
    Part of the above find:
    Yup those were all mine and unquestionable. I have better photos. I promise I will keep going soon.

Any chappie items from the SOS? I have not seen anything yet posted, which would be a surprise considering how many have been "magically" appearing lately

Comment

Chris,

The tunic looks good on the surface. Can't comment on the Chaplain insignia. If someone soaked the tunic or cleaned it with any modern detergeant that could explain the glow. Its just odd that only the inside glows. WR Jim

PS I did a quick internet search and it seems that body fluids to include sweat can cause a black light to glow. I don't know if thats what occured here.

Originally posted by Chris Liontass View Post
      http://web.iwebcenters.com/grenadier...tem183205.ctlg

Ok I have to step in here. I like Bruce a lot, I think he runs a good site- so I am not saying anything one way or the other so DONT infer anything.

This tunic, I bought from George loooong ago in like 99'. The sewing of the tabs glowed, as did the inside of the tunic. There was no Stall, there was a different armband, and no cross. If the sewing doesnt glow like a spotlight on this tunic, then someone has used either a tea-bag or something else to "dull" the glow.

I bought it from George, and informed him of the glow, he took it right back......and here is is many years later.
      Last edited by djpool; 03-03-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Can somebody show a Caplain Cross ?

I have 2 Caplain Crosses but ich can post that

Please show your Crosses :-)

Comment

This is an old Janke Chappy with a crude early Schellenburg logo. Note the plain cross:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interior of above Janke Chappy:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by Fossi View Post
              Can somebody show a Caplain Cross ?

I have 2 Caplain Crosses but ich can post that

Please show your Crosses :-)

Hi!!

What kind of crosses??? The neck type??

I still am meaning to update this thread .. Im so slow

Comment

They have all 2 no marker and the silver (evangelisch) typ.

Comment

Way back in Post #2 is an image of the sample board with the collar tabs, cross and "Feldmuetze" insignia. Is there a photo of the board's tag?

I saw the board last year at a Wisconsin militaria show and recall the tag was dated 1937 or perhaps 1938. Since the manufacture pre-dates the M43 cap, my question is, could the T-form eagle and cross be intended for the old pattern, crusher style "Feldmuetze"? Or was it for the newer model 38 overseas cap? The placement of the insignia's components make the latter seem unlikely as the cross would be partially beneath the cap's flap. As far as I can see there has been no discussion on the topic and to me it is by far the rarest of the cross insignia shown in this thread.
                  Last edited by paulj; 08-05-2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Feldmutze cross combo insignia most likely made for old model but could be highly mounted to m38..never saw 1 that way though... Billbert

Comment

I suppose it could fit on an M38. One could estimate the size based on the image as the eagle is the standard type and no doubt the cross is as well. I wonder if anyone has another or a photo of one in use.

Comment

Shea has this M-38 on his site right now:
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

side views:
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Would you buy it?

Comment

KM Chappie visor in wear:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Kornblume oder Violett??
                                Attached Files
                                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X