No announcement yet.

Original Willy Sprengpfeil MM in Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another example of the Willy Sprengfeil MM in a cap. This time, a tropical M40 officers cap.

Note that although this looks to be the same as the stamps in the KM foul weather caps. It is in fact a different stamp. There are several subtle differences. Look at the alignment of the letters over the 3 rows. Also note the font of the date. In fact I will put this cap up for discussion in a seperate thread.

( Also compare with the 1943 dated tropical example in post number 2 )

Chris
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 90th Light; 07-04-2012, 05:28 AM.

Comment

2/ Another example of the Willy Sprengfeil MM in a cap. This time, a tropical M40 officers cap.

Note that although this looks to be the same as the stamps in the KM foul weather caps. It is in fact a different stamp. There are several subtle differences. Look at the alignment of the letters over the 3 rows. Also note the font of the date. In fact I will put this cap up for discussion in a seperate thread.

Chris
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 90th Light; 07-04-2012, 05:28 AM.

Comment

3/ Another example of the Willy Sprengfeil MM in a cap. This time, a tropical M40 officers cap.

Chris
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 90th Light; 07-04-2012, 05:29 AM.

Comment

When I look at the Willy Sprengfeil stamps in the tropical M40's ( see post numbers 31 to 33 & post number 2 )

Makes me wonder about this version of the Willy S stamp which is readily & regularly declared bad. Compare the alignment of the letters over the first 2 rows and the font of the date stamp. This version might be good but probably not. Very close however, just the alignment of the "Hamburg 19" that lets it down,

Chris
          Attached Files
          Last edited by 90th Light; 07-04-2012, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Interesting 1937 example on this dealers site,

Chris
            Attached Files

Comment

I wanted to add this Bergmütze stamp to the mix. An undated stamp. Not very readable, unfortunately. Same offset between Mützenfabrik and Hamburg.

Last edited by SprogCollector; 06-10-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Interesting thread on these markings. The '41 dated trop officers is a fake for sure...stamp itself is bad, the lining material wrong, grommets are wrong, and the double stitching on the underside of the visor not rendered by a double needle machine. Note as well, the sloppy excess material on the inside....another tell tale sign.

I would question as well the '43 dated one in post #2 from a timeline factor as most makers had switched to the RB numbering system by then. I would like to see a complete overview of that particular trop cap.

Robt.

Comment

Originally posted by RGD51 View Post
                  Interesting thread on these markings. The '41 dated trop officers is a fake for sure...stamp itself is bad, the lining material wrong, grommets are wrong, and the double stitching on the underside of the visor not rendered by a double needle machine. Note as well, the sloppy excess material on the inside....another tell tale sign.

I would question as well the '43 dated one in post #2 from a timeline factor as most makers had switched to the RB numbering system by then. I would like to see a complete overview of that particular trop cap.

Robt.
                  Agreed, in fact I don't believe Sprengfeil ever made tropical officers caps, period.

Comment

And the cap in post # 36 is a fake
                    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                      Agreed, in fact I don't believe Sprengfeil ever made tropical officers caps, period.
                      It is entirely possible he had no contract for trop caps whether em or officers....? Agree with Lenny regarding the bergmutze in post 36.

Robt.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                        Interesting, so where does it leave this one sold by the "Relic Hunter" ?

Chris
                        Attached Files

Comment

That cap looks textbook and, to me, would be a confirmation of Sprengpfeil indeed making trop em caps.

Robt.

Comment

Originally posted by RGD51 View Post
                            That cap looks textbook and, to me, would be a confirmation of Sprengpfeil indeed making trop em caps.

Robt.
                            Also please note that it is 1943 dated with no RB number ???

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by derka
                              Nobody has an idea about this one ?
                              derka
                              Hello derka,

looks to be the classic type shown below,

Chris
                              Attached Files

Comment

Another one worth a look at,

Chris
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X