Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Officer Cap # 4

Hi guys,
    This is another KM officers cap from my collection. This one has seen some action. Your comments and opinions are appreciated. Thanks

John
    Attached Files

Looks nice. Could you post some interior shots? You mentioned (in the insignia thread) that this cap was a bit different from your others. Is that on the inside?

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
      Looks nice. Could you post some interior shots? You mentioned (in the insignia thread) that this cap was a bit different from your others. Is that on the inside?
      Hi Leroy,
      The cap is made the same way as the others. What I meant by different was the lack of the cap spring in the crown and the SB color. I think of my other caps as being more text book. Thanks for your comments.
      John

Comment

Thanks, John. The lack of a cap spring, to me at least, is not important as these were often removed. The sweatband color is just a variant.

Nice cap!

Comment

What a ugly visor cap sell it to me John
          Cheerio Christian

Comment

John, nothing to add, another nice one. You have an amazing KM officer visor caps collection, congratulations
            Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
            Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Very sexy cap John, i love how it is nice and worn.

Comment

I think this one is my favorite of the lot. Nice shape. Jacques

Comment

Thanks guys for all your kind comments!

John

Comment

John, do you have the whole German Navy tucked away in your house?
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                      John, do you have the whole German Navy tucked away in your house?

No, but he is holding a bunch of Jr. officers hostage...

Comment

Hello all,

Why are the eagles on these not in line with the cockade, they are almost off center. Looking at this cap (and other authentic KM visors) I notice this. Is there a reason? We don't often see things like this with other headgear, only on these KM caps.

For instance, the cap in the top photo I am reposting has an eagle too far to the left it appears, and the lower photo has an eagle that is too far to the right, doesn't it?

William Kramer
                        Attached Files
                        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Wm, because the wreaths are sewn (in many cases) to the mohair band only, and not the cap itself. The bands are actually loose, and have some "give" due to handling over the years.
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                            Wm, because the wreaths are sewn (in many cases) to the mohair band only, and not the cap itself. The bands are actually loose, and have some "give" due to handling over the years.
                            that answers exactly what I wanted to know, thank you! In theory, with care, this could most likely be corrected slightly then right?

William Kramer
                            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Unless it is "stretched out", which I have seen before.....
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X