White LW uffz by BaMüFa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White LW uffz by BaMüFa

a recent ebay jewel - the eagle´s not optimal and will be replaced as time goes by, otherwise a nice cap imho.

Jack
    Attached Files

two more pictures - any other BaMüFa´s around (I presume Bayrische tzen Fabrik)?

Best, Jack
    Attached Files

Comment

Hallo Jack

Nice score

A confirmation about the sisters' enterprise (at least before WW1) from the Adreßbuch der Stadt Augsburg 1912 - Buchstabe H:

Hitzenbühler, Christine, Stickereigeschäfts (Embroidery business) -Inhn., Am Schwedenweg E 186 1/3 a II, Gesch.: Obstmarkt D 103
      - Magdal., Stickereigesch.-Inhn., Am Schwedenweg E 186 1/3 II, Gesch.: Obstmarkt D 103

Evidently, during TR period, they became retailer of Bayerische Mützen Fabrik (BAMUFA) of Kiene & Schreiber of München.

Comment

Thanks Marcello, as always fantastic informations from you!

Cheers, Jack

Comment

Aha, you are the winner of it....
          Very nice cap Jack!

cheers,
          steiner99

Comment

Beautiful ...

You wanna change the eagle, what's wrong with it ?

Jos.

Comment

Hi Jos, thanks for your comment - I was thinking of a bit "lighter coloured" eagle to better match to the cocarde similar to the one in this picture.

Jack
              Attached Files

Comment

Jari, killer Bamufa. I agree, replace the eagle--it should be in aluminum, not zinc.

NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I'm just glad it wasn't made by Bad Mu Fo. Very clean cap...congratulations!

Richard

Comment

eBay you say? Almost worth revisiting the horror.

Comment

Thanks for all your comments gentlemen!

Cheers, Jack

Comment

eagle replaced

Finally found a suitable eagle - looks nicer now, I think.

Cheers,

Jack
                        Attached Files

Comment

Is it a Assmann eagle ?

Jos.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                            Jari, killer Bamufa. I agree, replace the eagle--it should be in aluminum, not zinc.
                            I'm kind of disappointed in you Chris. If that's the original eagle to that cap, then it should be in zink. Sure it looks better in aluminum, but looks ain't everything . . .

The best policy is not to buy a piece if it doesn't please you as is. Now if the eagle was missing or an obvious postwar replacement - that's a different story.

Comment

I've my doubts about the new added eagle, if it's the eagle I saw in another thread, but even then..

I agree, sometimes insignia didn't match those days, but it was the way it was.., plus the contrast has certain appeal, a war going on, no worries about shades etc..

Have seen era pics where the eagle was grey and kockade was shiny silver.., actually have seen 1000nds of pics with mis-matching items ..

Jos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X