No announcement yet.

modified army m-43 cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it was done in very same way as first cap which was shown by Lenny. No doubt that this is original cap which was IMO wartime modified for use in hot areas.

Comment

Thanks for comments

Insignia weren't removed in common sense, thread from stitches is still full on place. The trap was removed without touching them:

my m43.jpg

As I stated from very beginning I add the insignia so it has been done postwar. M43s like this one were used, there is no possiblity to prove when this example has been modified. Considering that the trap has not been cut out there is a chance for period modification. It costs four times lees than ANY dealer wants so still deal.

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
      Alway's a tough call when modifications like this are done..Period photos show it was done on occasion or was it done post war when the insignia was removed.

The buyer has to make that decision.

Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Grubhy View Post
        there is no possiblity to prove when this example has been modified. Considering that the trap has not been cut out there is a chance for period modification. It costs four times lees than ANY dealer wants so still deal.

The trap was probably removed carefully to not damage the cap and remove the trap in a nice way, as it was meant to be worn after. My guess is that its all done postwar, but there is no way to prove anything, its only a guess. The story the seller gave you that a bug ate up the insignia is all BS, as the cap is free from any other signs from moths, bugs etc etc.

The 350 dollars pricetag all in is very attractive and its somewhat crazy its not sold yet in the sea of fakes that are everywhere.

I have a feeling we will se this cap again with restored flaps and insignia :-)
        Last edited by Daniel.S; 10-21-2014, 06:32 AM.

Comment

I'm not writing "BS" as You like to call it. Cap has some sings from bugs, under the peak and on the left from trap. It's well visible on the pics. I agree with You that the cap will back someday as "untouched".

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
          The trap was probably removed carefully to not damage the cap and remove the trap in a nice way, as it was meant to be worn after. My guess is that its all done postwar, but there is no way to prove anything, its only a guess. The story that a bug ate up the insignia is all BS, as the cap is free from any other signs from moths, bugs etc etc.

The 350 dollars pricetag all in is very attractive and its somewhat crazy its not sold yet in the sea of fakes that are everywhere.

I have a feeling we will se this cap again with restored flaps and insignia :-)

Comment

here is some bites from "bugs"

But yes, "tracing" can be hard to see on photos but easier too se in hand.
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X