Post your Kriegsmarine headgear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
    No problem Paul... would still love to see what you have though.

Ok ..here goes i hope i dont throw a spanner in the works and i know its not headgear related but i could not help myself after seeing those wonderful pieces of headgear.

A rare unit marked Photo album to the Battleship SMS Schleswig-Holstein , ..I also collect photography from time to time.

Hope you guys dont mind, i think it fits in with the thread.

Battleship Holstein A.jpg

Battleship Holstein B.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
      Richard, if you insist... or to use Kondor's words: since no one has ben shown on this thread before --- my CA overseas hat with gold piping and embroidered insignia.
      Curse you Kurt for giving me heart palpitations with your hats...AARRRGGGHHHH!.

Super thread and wonderful stuff everyone...except Kurt.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by FMS-Paul View Post
        Ok ..here goes i hope i dont throw a spanner in the works and i know its not headgear related but i could not help myself after seeing those wonderful pieces of headgear.

A rare unit marked Photo album to the Battleship SMS Schleswig-Holstein , ..I also collect photography from time to time.

Hope you guys dont mind, i think it fits in with the thread.

The only one throwing a monkey spanner in here is me...because I have no KM hats.

Looks to be a very nice album.

Richard

Comment

Kurt ... you know .... not too much more to add
          Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
          Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

NCO Visor........

Attached Files
            RonR

Comment

Kurt!

That is an outstanding KA Officers Schiffchen! Any marking on the inside? Again, I have never seen its like before. Great hats one and all!

Comment

This one is a fench made with original insignias and the 4th Räumboots-flotille badge, that operated from Boulogne sur Mer.

Regards
                Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

Comment

EM side caps, one in black and the other in blue.

Regards
                  Eduardo

Comment

Kurt - I LOVE the display you have in front of the painting. Wonderful. And the fact that you got Dr. Lamp's full grouping is cool too. Instant KM headgear collection!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam S. View Post
                      Kurt - I LOVE the display you have in front of the painting. Wonderful. And the fact that you got Dr. Lamp's full grouping is cool too. Instant KM headgear collection!
                      Thanks. I agree the Dr. Lamp grouping was a nice find. It triggered my interest in the Kriegsmarine.

I have a feeling some of you guys would like to see more detail of the KM officer's painting. Here are some more shots (excuse the flash):
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kondor View Post
                        Kurt!

That is an outstanding KA Officers Schiffchen! Any marking on the inside? Again, I have never seen its like before. Great hats one and all!
                        Kondor, unfortunately, there are no markings on the field grey overseas cap. The blue one, which is constructed very similarly, has a Breda, Holland stamp inside. This is the first reason why I believe it's Dutch made.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I know Richard P is going to hate me even more now but since Kondor asked, I have no choice but to reveal a little more about the background of this Kriegsmarine officer's grouping.

The five pieces of headgear of Dr. Lamp were accompanied by several uniforms (blue, white and field grey) as well as insignia. One of the field grey uniforms (tunic and breeches) is made of the same material as the side cap. Inside, there is a nice tailor's label from Breda, Holland. Some collectors of Dutch uniforms have confirmed that the fabric is Dutch (even the lining).
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Kurt; 11-18-2010, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Had I seen these overseas caps on a flea market without the context, I would have walked right past them.

Kondor, I hope you found this interesting.

Let's get back to headgear... Kurt

Comment

Comment

Hi,
                                Here are my only 2 caps rather a poor KM collection really.
                                The first came from the owners wife the guy had served on the Prinz Eugen at one time,it is a double erel.
                                the second is also named.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X