Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS M43 Panzer Cap

Hi guys,

Just thought i would show my SS M43 Panzer cap, a lovely untouched one in issued but near mint condition, no moth and nice to the see the trap not messed around with....anyway let me know what you think...

Regards, CM.

Anyone?

Regards, CM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen_Man View Post
      Anyone?

Regards, CM.
      Dear “Chosen Man”,

From your pictures, regrettably, this is not one (IMHO) I would choose.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Anyone?

Regards, CM.
        doesn't float my boat either
        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

ditto sadly..Billbert

Comment

Really,

I bought this from Keith at Last Reich and i have to say i am pretty worried as i spent alot of money on it. Do you think i need to email him and get my money back?

Regards, CM.

Comment

Really,

...i have to say i am pretty worried as i spent alot of money on it. Do you think i need to email him and get my money back?

Regards, CM.
              I will not tell you what to do; but ABSOLUTELY!

B. N. Singer

Comment

not a cap i want to own.

Comment

Not a cap that I would want either, sorry.

Comment

Really,

I bought this from Keith at Last Reich and i have to say i am pretty worried as i spent alot of money on it. Do you think i need to email him and get my money back?

Regards, CM.
                    I can imagine your worries and know the disapointment of having paid much for indeed problematic item. Has happend to all collectors out here. I hope you get a refund!

The Last Reich site is, as often seen, some good stuff mixed with a lot of quaestionable items...

Erik

Comment

If you've only had it a short while, I'm sure you won't have a problem returning it.

The problem starts when you've had something for years and then start doubting it. All those lifetime guarantees from dealers mean very little in those situations.

Comment

Reading this thread, you have not been given any real reasons why this is a reproduction ???

Keep in mind that there are original caps made like this and this is the challenge for all. The first one I saw of this style was from a veteran in 1971. There is of course every chance the style has been copied but many are challenged to be able to explain this or why things are wrong in an objective way. Most of what is stated against them is very subjective to say the least.

Compare the wool, thread, liner, construction and other materials. Make a list of what is period and what is not. See what you come up with because it gets quite interesting

The problem you have that if you go beyond the WAF forum you will encounter others who are not so quick to press the reproduction button and this is where "Keith at Last Reich" could get support that he may not have sold a reproduction,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                          Reading this thread, you have not been given any real reasons why this is a reproduction ???

Keep in mind that there are original caps made like this and this is the challenge for all. The first one I saw of this style was from a veteran in 1971. There is of course every chance the style has been copied but many are challenged to be able to explain this or why things are wrong in an objective way. Most of what is stated against them is very subjective to say the least.

Compare the wool, thread, liner, construction and other materials. Make a list of what is period and what is not. See what you come up with because it gets quite interesting

The problem you have that if you go beyond the WAF forum you will encounter others who are not so quick to press the reproduction button and this is where "Keith at Last Reich" could get support that he may not have sold a reproduction,

Chris
                          I saw this cap recently for sale on another forum and was quite tempted by it, can anybody tell me whats wrong with it , i would like to know the differences that make this bad , i am useless on caps and any info that could help me spot good from bad would be a great help, thanks Dave

Comment

Originally posted by sscrooge View Post
                            I saw this cap recently for sale on another forum and was quite tempted by it, can anybody tell me whats wrong with it , i would like to know the differences that make this bad , i am useless on caps and any info that could help me spot good from bad would be a great help, thanks Dave
                            Hello Dave,

basically a strong group of members on this forum are anti any black M43 cap with an HBT lining (other than the Dachau type with exposed cardboard bill) plus a couple of features about M43's in general. This is because of the number of black M43's which appeared at shows in the USA or with dealers in the 1990's/ 2000's

The problem is that there were also original black M43's being found in the 1990's and 2000's such as those found with HBT lining near Augustdorf in late 2001.

Have a look at a thread titled "SS M43 Panzer up for Disscusion" (note the spelling of "discussion") and you will get a lot more detail about this debate. I brought this up to the top yesterday but see my posting has been deleted to make it disappear. I am surprised by its removal and can only speculate that may be that thread was a little too close to the bone.

Any way have a look because that will fill in some of the gaps that you seek and lets hope that they do not remove that as well all in the name of truth and open discussion about these caps some which were in existance before May 1945,

Chris
                            Last edited by 90th Light; 09-27-2010, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Hi and thanks Chris for your help and reply its appreciated, rgds Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X