ID'd Police M-43 Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luca Ongaro View Post
    Probably this A-hole is the same man who has added the tags to the cap and the wrapper to try to sell an incredibly rare group.

Luca
    I totally agree.
    Notice how the SB has the typical Linz Police markings on it, that can be found on several Polizei SB still on sale nowadays and very likely stolen from some kind of archive in Austria.
    This can't be a coincidence.
    That man found that outstanding SB years back while the Linz\SB group surfaced and did set up the whole scam.
    Let me say he was pretty good at it, I was totally fooled, I should have notice that Linz marking at first.

Comment

God forbid several Police soldbuchs have the same stamps in them. Do the others all have the same half dozen Vienna based stamps in them too? I really don't give a crap about the soldbuch, I guess it's an elaborate fake. Hell of a lot of trouble with the archive thefts with that risk, and all for so little money. I guess he was pretty good but not enough sense to get near market value.

The wrap and cap are original, and other long time collectors have agreed it is original too. For what I paid the soldbuch and name tags can be burned, and I'm still way ahead of the game.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
        God forbid several Police soldbuchs have the same stamps in them.
        I've personally never seen as many SB marked all with the same stamps as I've seen with the KdS Linz a.D. one.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
          I've personally never seen as many SB marked all with the same stamps as I've seen with the KdS Linz a.D. one.
          Well...then that settles that!

Richard

Comment

It would be swell to see some detailed photos of the wrap

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
              It would be swell to see some detailed photos of the wrap
              Mike,

I'm working on the photos. I may also show a Police denim wrap ( I would do separate threads for each wrap).

I may also show some interior detail shots from the two blue gray wraps on another thread.

Richard

Comment

Excellent, will look forward to seeing something new!

Comment

Just found this, thought might ne of interest for the discussion.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I would like a link, or to have all the photos of this soldbuch posted. It would definitely be interesting to see the entire thing for comparison.

Richard

Comment

A please\thanks would be greatly appreciated.
                      Anyway, here we go, looks to me they both belongs to the very same Linz a.D. ID batch found years ago, so, it's very unlikely that the SB belongs to the uniform.

http://www.militaria321.com/auktion/...n-Pauss-%23096

Comment

Sorry...I didn't write it in a demanding tone, but that never comes through in the typed word. You are correct, I do appreciate your research and sharing. Thank you for posting and sorry about my lack of the common social graces.

Richard

P.S. I wrote and asked the seller if there are any more pages with entries and/or official stamps. I will post if there are.
                        Last edited by Richard P; 01-24-2011, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                          Sorry...I didn't write it in a demanding tone, but that never comes through in the typed word. You are correct, I do appreciate your research and sharing. Thank you for posting and sorry about my lack of the common social graces.

Richard
                          No problem, you are welcome, typical typing troubles.

Comment

read it now .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X