Danfoss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danfoss

I just had a big laugh and I thought I would share it with you guys, if you all don't mind..

My parents live on the Shetland Islands (Unst) and built a house known worldwide as the zero carbon house http://www.zerocarbonhouse.com

I have just been sent some sponsor stuff to add to the site for which my parents receive a small subsidy and guess who????????

http://danfoss-randall.co.uk/default.aspx

Now does anyone still believe those hats with this logo.........

J T

Is Danfoss a wartime visor cap maker ?
    Last edited by Renaud; 01-27-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Hey Guys, I don't frequent this particular part of the forum very often, but I must add this:
      I am a Grocery Store Manager and my HVAC (Heating/Cooling) system was manufactured by Danfoss.....My command panel has the same logo

Comment

Originally posted by New kid View Post
        Is Danfoss a wartime visor cap maker ?
        Danfoss is a Danish company who produces thermostats, control devices for heating and cooling, pumps etc.

They existed before WW2 and have produced other kinds of stuff but to my knowledge never caps

Comment

Was there ever a German company by the same name?

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post

Bob Hritz
            Only in the reproduction cap world -
            Attached Files

Comment

I was wondering ef anyone had ever checked in a wartiome Berlin telephone directory, if Danfoss even existed in Berlin.

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by nachtundnebel View Post
                Danfoss is a Danish company who produces thermostats, control devices for heating and cooling, pumps etc.

They existed before WW2 and have produced other kinds of stuff but to my knowledge never caps
                Well known in the business of Controls.Texas Instruments Inc (former work place) in US supplied them with thermostat bimetal components and Klixon
                Motor Protectors.In fact I just finished adjusting mine just now
                and couple miles away is their UK Plant.All the years I knew them,never heard of them making anything else.Logo is exactly as cap interior though?
                Seiler (Yank in UK)

Comment

Danfossed

Well a Danfoss Service Rep. came by to work on my Thermostat and was wearing a high peaked SS Visor. So it's possible.

Comment

Standard Reps uniform.
                    Seiler

Comment

I always get a chuckle every time I see a "Danfoss" visor. I did some freelance brochure design work for the local Danfoss office years ago & had to work with that logo quite a bit. I always notice that in the fako visors, the Danfoss logo is positioned incorrectly parallel to the horizon. Makes it look like an rank amateur paste-up job. In legitimate usage, the whole logo should angle upwards much like the reknown Peküro logo.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post

Bob Hritz
                        No idea but if there were, it was not a part of the Danish company. Although it existed prior to WW2 it was under a different name which then was changed to Danfoss in 1946.

Danfoss is made up by combining Dan(mark) and foss(e) which means streaming like streaming water or river.

Comment

-
                          Last edited by Military; 01-31-2010, 08:55 AM.

Comment

The good thing about this thread is that after posting it I had a laugh with my dad who has been paid by the UK arm of Danfoss to link their site and he is now in discussion with Danfoss to inform them of their logo being used in these repro caps, something may come of this!!!

J T

Comment

I have often wondered what Danfoss would think if they knew how their logo was being misused. But what could they really do? I don't know of a regular retailer stocking these that they could go after. Most of these show up on eBay from private individuals and the original manufacturer remains elusive. If Janke could be proven the source, that would be one thing. But I think far more fakes are attributed to Janke than his company is really responsible for.

As it stands, the Danfoss fake visors are a humorous novelty that I will never have to worry about. Eliminating them won't change my world.

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X