Luft Officers Hat,,Erel up for disscusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft Officers Hat,,Erel up for disscusion

Heres a double marked Erel,,,s/b has size 58 and also a date,,looks like August ?? 1943,,,also the V 111 is marked on top in the back ,,,,,nothing glows under black light,,,so ,,comments,,,,thanks Greg
    Attached Files

Pic#2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic#3
      Attached Files

Comment

pic#4
        Attached Files

Comment

pic# 5
          Attached Files

Comment

pic#6
            Attached Files

Comment

This is one of the so called late war Erel's displaying traits associated with these types.

It looks well made, but I'll be honest, it also looks very new too.

I know that there are mint cap's about and I have a mint erel infantry, but even though that is mint, it still looks 60 odd years old.

I will be very honest with my opinions on these, I don't like them. Call it collectors choice, collectors suspicions etc, I have never liked these black edged sweatbands with the big holes and no small perforation fronts.

There will be chaps who don't mind these, but I once owned one of the flimsy late war types with full roll over sweatband (cornflower blue) and I returned it to the seller, as I didn't think much of it.

One thing to take note of, this seems to have a PRIVAT mark in it. It is not the quality of PRIVAT's I have handled. If you don't own it, my advice stay that way.

As a helper, the danfoss on Malcom Wagners site is very similar inside to this one I am not saying that it is probably made by the same people that make these, but the liners are almost identicle in materials and mintness.

I have been honest and truthfull with what I see in these caps, hope it helps.

J T

Comment

First off, nice looking late war Erel. Secondly, JT I won't try to change your mind about these late war black reed Erel's, but I've owned several and they both came directly from the veterans family.
                Attached Files

Comment

Logo
                  Attached Files

Comment

I DO NOT SEE ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS CAP , NICE VISOR I LIKE IT

Comment

These late war Erels will always have a 50/50 split on liking/disliking.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl S. View Post
                        First off, nice looking late war Erel. Secondly, JT I won't try to change your mind about these late war black reed Erel's, but I've owned several and they both came directly from the veterans family.
                        I agree with Karl ,no problem with this ,is a testbook latewar Erel.No problem also with the black edged sweatband ,I have some like this and handled many .
                        Only one odd particolar is the non borded edge of the visor with oilcloth,but nevr mind.
                        Nice original erel,IMO congrats
                        Carlo

Comment

Very nice cap !

Comment

Its a good one. This is a true late-war erel, not one of those ones that are so debated.
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Helllo, all,,well sounds like I should keep it,,,,,Ric what do you think ?,,,better than my Generals Hat,,,,,Greg ,,,,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X