SA Marine Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Marine Visor

Ok.................SA marine visors are a whole different animal as opposed to KM caps.

Personally the insignia looks good and the chinstrap looks correct.

My concern is the diamond looks plastic .............Thoughts are welcomed on this eBay wonder

Gebirgsjäger
    Last edited by R.Beck; 10-01-2008, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Comment

Along with Marine-NSKK and Marine-HJ, these things are heavily faked, even more so than KM visors. Too easy to take a Merchant Marine visor (wartime and postwar) and convert it to a Political cap. Every Marine-SA I have looked at over the past few years has been a re-worked cap. Proceed with caution.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I got some pics from the seller too. These things are impossible w/o and in-hand inspection. The top seems to be almost over-stuffed with padding:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Other side.
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is a Marine-NSKK private-purchase cap on Manions right now. Same thing, w/o an in-hand, no way to tell:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Technically, the field behind the Swaz should be red, not white:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Interior. I have seen both RZM and private-purchase blue-tops, but these things are incredibly rare as white-tops:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Anyone have any other headgear by Uniformen Hegeler of Oldenburg? First I have ever seen.
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

BTW, about 10 years ago I had a very-early Marine-NSKK visor. It had a Reichsmarine genuine silver bullion wreath with the first style PL cockade in the middle, and a blue/silver chincord. Anyone know its whereabouts now?
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Good detective work.Any idea what the SA visor went for I decided against bidding

Comment

GJ--I think it went for around $1500.

Might as well keep adding to this thread. This is an NSKK-Marine insignia allegedly owned by the late, great Pete Bilheimer:
                          (The Swaz's in these are always somewhat crude and asymmetrical):
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Can't say this one is good or bad--but it has the rare white Trikot wool top:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This is another NSKK-Marine on Manion's right now. I can't say its good or bad based on their limited pics--but cloth-backed TR insignia is very rare.

I have never seen this form of wreath, but the M-NSKK did go w/ KM style wreaths during the war:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X