Black Panzer sidecap real ?or not .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Panzer sidecap real ?or not .

This is for sale is it real ? or fake because I really am not sure .I would say it was real its old the interior looks right the badges look right it has the right shape etc ,but I also know fakers are quite clever what are your thoughts ? Cheers Rob.
    Attached Files
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
    This is for sale is it real ? or fake because I really am not sure .I would say it was real its old the interior looks right the badges look right it has the right shape etc ,but I also know fakers are quite clever what are your thoughts ? Cheers Rob.
    next
    Attached Files

Comment

next
      more
      Attached Files

Comment

more
        even more
        Attached Files

Comment

even more
          and some more
          Attached Files

Comment

and some more
            again
            Attached Files

Comment

again
              more
              Attached Files

Comment

more
                and last
                Attached Files

Comment

It looks like the cockade could be blue which would be kriegsmarine which would be wrong and perhaps the heavy zig zag stitching on the Eagle is covering up the fact it could be reapplied ? Rob

Comment

So judging by the lack of responses this could be real / Anyone got any comments cheers Rob

Comment

Robb,

A KM cockade is not unheard of on panzer overseas caps, if it is one. The thread on this cap was originally black. For some reason the thread used on these particular caps tends to get an oxidized like coating on it that bleaches the thread eventually. The insignia is original, The CW stamp does not have the characteristics of the fakes I have seen. The soutache is the nice wide variety. Most of these don't seem to exhibit wear, but do show age and were possibly found like the bundles of tropical caps. The couple I have seen from this maker do not exhibit this same degree of fading and not on all threads. I've said it looks O.K., so now everyone can come on and tell you its bad.

Richard P

Comment

The Clemens stamp looks a bit off but I haven't got anything in my collection to compare it with right now.
                        The cut of the cap seems ok but I've been wrong so many times regarding Pz sidecaps I'll wait to hear from the guys with the knowledge.

Comment

BenVK,

The stamp in this one looks a little under the weather, the stamps in the other examples like this looked like other originals I have seen. I might be able to dig up a photo. I found one so far.

Richard
                          Attached Files

Comment

I am hardly an expert but two things might concern me...
                            1) Zig zag stitching of the eagle..
                            2) The position of the air vent in relation to the turn-up of the flaps

Comment

Thankyou Richard ,Ben John I think I will give it a miss there are too many iffs buts and maybees its on ebay with a buy it now price if anyone is interested .Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X