Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRK Visor

Hello,
    I posted this Red Cross visor cap a few weeks ago. At that time I was not sure what type of cap this was. Many responded, stating that this was indeed a NCO Red Cross hat. I have since taken delivery on it, and I'm a bit confused about the white piping. I have seen a number of these hats, most being dark or light gray. This hat fits the mold with the exception of the white or very light gray piping. I am hoping someone will be able to help with a positive ID.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Files

drk

cap
    Attached Files

Comment

red cross
      Attached Files

Comment

rc
        Attached Files

Comment

Michael, the hat is fine, and is a 100% original TR DRK visor. There are many "shades of gray" when it comes to DRK visors, both in terms of the band, crown, and piping. If you have "In the Service of the Reich" on p 257 there is a nice color contrast between a light gray visor and a dark gray visor. They are simply manufacturer's variations. Most were also unmarked as well.

Here are 3 for comparison (note the WH wreath on the one on the left--also a very common occurance):
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Drk

Hi,
            Thank you very much for your response. I was fairly confident about my purchase, but the white piping had me a bit puzzled. I appreciate your sending the fine examples.
            Thanks again,
            Mike

Comment

The wreath is wrong for a DRK visor (if I'm not mistaken).

Two of Stonemint's are right while one looks Heer.

Perhaps they swapped em with Heer...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X