Have You Ever Gone Postal?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have You Ever Gone Postal?!

I have always had a soft spot for postal visors, since my first civil visor I ever bought was a postal (I think I paid $25 for it--probably overpaid!)

These visors, while common, are hard to find with a decent sattelform and in good condition with matching insignia--most you see look like they have been through the wringer.

The first one is a "mythbuster" of sorts--the wear on the inside is not commensurate with the interior--in fact, the exterior is pretty much mint, with no mothing, wear, staining, damage etc--but this will get interesting:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

This is what I love about these babys--doeskin Prussian-blue wool, with the bright orange piping and a black velvet band:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is where it gets ugly--this baby had to have literally been worn thru the proverbial wind, rain, sleet and snow!:
      Attached Files
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

It is a Pekuro, and they do suffer from a flaw if heavily worn--the black velvet stirndruckfrei will separate from the body of the cap over time:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

More gunk--this Postman must have lived in his hat:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here is a wartime repair--the postman had to re-sew the sb on, and did a sloppy job of it, but it is hidden by the chinstrap (believe me, there is sweatstaining to the repair under the hood):
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The next one I just picked up off the estand (thanks, Kevin!). It is a stonemint Marie Slama depot queen:
              Attached Files
              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Unlike most Postals, this one also has a nice sattel:
                Attached Files
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

It was made by Vienna's #1 maker--Marie Slama u. Sohn (who are still in business today).
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Eagle is gorgeous--although you can't really tell in this pic, it retains its frosting:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Here are the 2 together--the Pekuro is a 57.5, while the Slama is a 53--yet you wouldn't know it by this pic (the Slama is on the left):
                      Attached Files
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The Pekuro's doeskin is a little more finer, and the Slama is a shade towards Navy:
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Who ever said Postal wasn't sexy?!:
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the bands deep blue velvet?

Comment

Arran, good eye! You are correct--they are a deep-blue velvet, but so deep, the bands are almost indistinguishable from my black-velvet banded hats.
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X