EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Use Styrofoam Heads For Display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Anyone Use Styrofoam Heads For Display?

I DON'T!! I'll tell you why. When the Berlin Wall fell, I bought my first DDR visor back in 1990. I put it on a styrofoam head, and it sat in a closet for at least 3 years. When I went to move it, the plastic sweatshield which had been in contact with the top of the head had deteriorated--I would almost describe it as melted. Back then I had my TR hats on balled-up tissue paper--this was the only hat I ever had on a styrofoam head, and since then, I have never had a hat on one again, and I strongly recommend against them--they do emit a gas/chemical over time (don't ask me what it is).

I don't like my visors on heads of any type, because (in my experience), the weight of the hat on the head stretches out the top panel over time, and when you take it off, you have a semi "bubble."

Just my 2 cents.
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

How do you store your visors?

Comment

Display head redesign?

Why doesn't someone make the display heads out of another, inert material, with a flat top, to address these concerns?

Comment

I've always had good luck with glass heads, and I don't "press" them on far enough to get the "bubble" . . .

Brad

Comment

Brad--I agree, glass is fine--you just want to make sure that the top panel/lining is not the only thing supporting the weight of the cap--you want to have them so the band is being supported by the crown of the head.
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Glass heads would e fine but I have never found them in varying sizes so they exactly fit each cap.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X