Luftwaffe Officers Visor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Officers Visor Question

Saw an early Luftwaffe Officers visor for sale. Most of the visor conforms to how visors on a whole were produced and assembled, with exception of the visor bill.

From what I have seen, these are typically green or grey on the underside, and have a outer liner that runs around the edge, from one side to the other that has stiching laid into it to tie it into the bill.

The example I am looking at is similar to a Political visor or Heer visor, where the underside of th ebill looks like a light brown, like coffee with cream mixed in. The underside does have the # or cross hatching as well on the underside. There is no outer liner that runs the edge of the bill.

The celluloid is worn on the inside, and it looks to be a custom produced visor, as the bird is a dropped tail variety and cockade are in bullion.

Is a light brown underside of the bill something found on original pieces?

Thanks for any insight.

Heer/SS-style visors with cream/Light tan undersides on LW hats are not uncommon--do you mind posting a picture?
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Stonemint,

Thanks for the reply.

I do not have the visor as yet in my possession to take images, but am planning on making the purchase to obtain it.

Once that occurs, I have to take care of the association membership dues, as I plan to do that as well.

Comment

Rich--here is a wartime photo of the Heer schirm in use on a LW visor:
        Attached Files
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Just found out a little bit ago, I was beat out of the cap by another collector, who is a friend.

Saw it at our local show here on late Sunday, and had not enough money with me to purchase it.

Felt I could wait for it, and well, WRONG!

Good news is though the sellet has several Krim, Demjansk, and other shields as well as some insignia too that I passed on. Am tro meet with the seller for these.

Was able to get a national flag that has the makers label on it as well as a flatwire NSFK breast insignia and the civilian fliers breast insignia too.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X