Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuehrer der allgemeinen SS

Hi,
    what is your opinion, baout this allgemeine SS visor cap?
    best,
    steiner99

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hi steiner99,
              sorry but for me this cap is a good fake, I am Afraid....
              the ss stamp and the RZM is nice, good reproduction, but your plastic diamond show one part fake, and the manufacture...

Regards
              Wolften.

Comment

Before everyone starts screaming fake, lets have an intelligent discussion on the cap. Two things are standing out to me that are questionable regarding the RZM stamp in the visor and the RZM tag. First on the visors stamp. The middle part of the sig ruin’s are fat. On all the originals I have seen the area is much thinner. Regarding the tag two things jump out. First the serial number and makers stamp look to be made at the same time with the same ink. Is this possible? All the authentic tags I have seen the makers stamp is usually in a different color but even when black it is noticeably different than the serial number. Second there is no asterisk in front of the serial number? I would like to hear the thoughts of some Alg collectors like RobertH , Bob Coleman, etc before I would condemn it.

Comment

Nick Merry Christmas !!!
                  I know your final opinion...
                  I wait the others opinions...

Best regards
                  Wolften.

Comment

Manny thanks for you comment gents.
                    I have not so much experience with allgemeine SS caps, but
                    from my feelings I don't like caps like brand new. I prefer caps
                    which are much used.
                    This one is like a cap made in 1990.

I'm very curios about other coments.

Best,
                    steiner99

Comment

I've owned a few, one of which was for General ranks and is now in the collection of a fellow forum member. The construction of this one is perfect, and officer rank Allgemeine caps did exist with the cream lining with runes, as well as with the visor stamp and RZM tag (although I've only seen the latter two in conjunction with an unmarked black lining). Where this one falls down is in the materials, which just aren't quite right. Had old materials been used, with original insignia, and ageing applied, I think we would all have been fooled!

Comment

Arran I was of the same opinion on the visor. I just wanted to get into some concrete details that could help out the next guy. This cap is very well constructed which is a bit scary. What are your thoughts on my comments on the RZM tag and visor?

Comment

Just looking through some old threads that I missed over the xmas break.

It's unfortunate that some of the photos are missing because I would like to have seen the tag. This is one very well executed fake although I'd have to agree that the rzm stamp on the visor is not as sharp as it should be.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X