HJ Flakhelfer ski caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Flakhelfer ski caps

Anybody have any info on HJ ski caps for Flakhelfers? colours, and inners in particular, anybody have one i can see please, thanks in advance

Here is mine which I showed on the forum almost 3 years ago. There is a wealth of info just waiting to be found. Always try a search on the words you are interested in

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=22010

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

thanks and..

Thanks and did they wear the luft type with two button? ive also seen a dark nearly black type with metal insignia, was it a standard uniform or grab what fits nearing the end of the war? many thanks

Comment

The type you mention as being "dark nearly black" is the standard HJ winter cap. It is a dark navy blue shade

The Luftwaffe Einheitsfeldmutze can be seen in wear in period photos by HJ flak helpers.

The rest of the uniform was Luftwaffe blue in colour and was of a special pattern.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Danke

Danke, sehr gut und richtig

Comment

I would like to revamp this thread because I've recently entered into a discussion about these caps on a local forum.
            I do have a FH cap which is the twin of the one posted by Ade. I've seen others and they all look more or less identical. Now, someone brought my attention on another cap, which looks pretty different. It has a hald sweater band (only on front) and an odd HJ/DJ Mütze RZM label inside. Also the markings look strange to me.
            Since it's on sale on a commerciale site I wouldnt add the picture though.
            Now, my understanding is that Luftwaffenhelfer were students from class 1926-29 draft from school and which had to serve with Flakbatteries. I would say that, although most if not all of them were already HJ, they were under the command of Luftwaffe superiors and in fact they wore LW type uniforms. Is that correct? If so, it makes even less sense to have a RZM label inside a LW FH cap.
            Correct me if I am wrong in my thinking
            Thanks

Comment

They are 100% legitimate hats if this is what you are speaking of and much more desireable than the standard type.
              Attached Files

Comment

two
                Attached Files

Comment

three
                  Attached Files

Comment

four
                    Attached Files

Comment

last
                      Attached Files

Comment

great cap John
                        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Hi John
                          thanks for your post and pictures. How can we classify then the 2 type of hats?

Comment

Thanks Lenny but I'm afraid the photos are all I have left of it...

Comment

I'm not a HJ guy so wild ass guess... Perhaps the first type was an issue piece and the one I just showed was a "upgrade" available for private purchase from an RZM source ????

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X