No announcement yet.

Kriegsmarine NCO Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cap looks good . The only problem is the visor top made of blue wool of course ...i already had a cap like this one but you had very little traces of the OFF scallop embroidery still present .
    it was taken away to get a neutral visor .Period ?
    Nick

Comment

Very hard to remove the scalopping I would think, so not sure what is going on with the cloth top of the visor. Altough wreaths like that existed, they are not that common and the Chinstrap looks very plasticky.
      For me, that'd be enough to loose interest pretty quickly..
      Martin

Comment

When I looked at the inside I liked it, the outside however confused me. It is an officers hat with no rank (scalllop embroidery)? I am also unsure about the chin strap.?

Comment

Thanks. Appreciate

Comment

For me the top looks a bit small for a TR KM visor. Perhaps early post war? Tuff call...

Comment

For is postwar
              Carlo

Comment

Without considering the chinstrap that is added and is not original, the cap looks original IMO. This type of KM caps with the visor covered with blue fabric but without the rank embroidered have been seen a few times, generally manufactured in France, and could be a mistake in its construction for a NCO or made in this way to add the rank metal device as you can see in some period photograph.
                Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

The wreath looks like it must be for an atheist chaplain lol.

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                    Without considering the chinstrap that is added and is not original, the cap looks original IMO. This type of KM caps with the visor covered with blue fabric but without the rank embroidered have been seen a few times, generally manufactured in France, and could be a mistake in its construction for a NCO or made in this way to add the rank metal device as you can see in some period photograph.
                    1+ same for me, i like it.
                    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                      The wreath looks like it must be for an atheist chaplain lol.
                      The early tall wreaths are not usual but looks greatAC580830-555B-4F97-91A4-3A6DF4E12A5D.png

Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
                      Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

The particularly w i d e gap above the cockade is what I am pointing to on this wreath. That is not typical in my experience.

Comment

I like it as well. Chinstrap is a replacement, but the hat itself is good (I do not believe the visor ever had oaks on it).
                          KM wreaths come in all shapes and sizes, due to the # that were foreign made.
                          Put an original strap on it, and you have a really nice cap with a rare feature.
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Hello all,

I myself am the owner of the visor and have it posted on Wehrmacht-Militaria right now. I mention that the chinstrap is indeed a reproduction which I added for display purposes. The cap originally came from Carsten Baldes some years back. There are period photos which show senior NCO's sporting a cloth-billed visor such as this and in my opinion that actually makes this one quite rare.

William Kramer
                            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Hello all

Like KM Spain Mentioned, the cap is 100% original wartime. Only the chinstrap has been replaced.
                              If you have knownledge about this, you will see immediately the visor cap is from wartime fabric. Not post war! Like some people accuse.

1. The visor edge is made of Black Vulcan, that means original wartime.
                              2. The liner is applied in original way, meaning it has been sewen by hand. And not like the post war stichted by machine.
                              3. The inner liner(Behind the leather) is also in correct wartime material.

The owner sended me better pictures. this cap is 1000% original.

Best of regards

Gunther

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X