Cossack Kubanka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cossack Kubanka

I want to share my latest find with everyone. Its another red topped (Don or Kuban) kubanka for Cossacks. This particular style is well known and accepted as a textbook example. These caps were manufactured in Czechoslovakia. As far as I know there are three different colors of tops manufactured by this firm. Red-most common, Blue and yellow, with yellow being the hardest to find. This particular example doesn't have the size/manufacturer stamp or eagle. The tress on the top has not oxidized like my other examples. The materials and method of manufacture are identical to my other examples shown here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=kubanka

I can only speculate this was an unfinished example found in the depot. Any comments are welcome. Regards Jim
    Attached Files

Jim you covered it well. Classic construction for this type cap, colors are all right, condition is excellent / mint.

I've never seen one (of this specific type) without the CZ makers mark. A fine original example - congratulations.

s/f Robert

Comment

Beautiful condition. I also find it interesting that there are no Kolwitz stamp in your example here, so yes i agree it may have been a depot piece. I managed to find one of the rare examples with white top, and polizei colored cloth. Sadly without insignia, but holes are present so i know there was metal insignia on it long time ago. I must admit i am not 100% certain what white color should mean.

Comment

Wonderful kubanka imo has the correct construction.

Rene Chavez
        www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Very nice, and like Rene mentioned - proper construction too.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X