Comparison fake overseas cap and real Italian made M43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparison fake overseas cap and real Italian made M43

I have this Italian made M43 cap with typical ugly Italian insignia...100% real
    and this fake overseas cap was shown to me by a friend, an interesting comparison,
    as the eagles are so similar to each other....
    Any thoughts?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 04-29-2020, 06:35 PM.

My first thought is if it is known for SURE that the eagle on the fake OS is indeed a fake? A lot of items sold as fake and widely thought to be fake have been proven otherwise, including a sensational thread on this board concerning late war officer’s M43 cap variation about 10-12 years ago.
    A lot of fakes and maybe most of the best ones contain original elements.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
      My first thought is if it is known for SURE that the eagle on the fake OS is indeed a fake? A lot of items sold as fake and widely thought to be fake have been proven otherwise, including a sensational thread on this board concerning late war officer’s M43 cap variation about 10-12 years ago.
      A lot of fakes and maybe most of the best ones contain original elements.
      Looks like that is exactly what we are seeing here...
      My hunch as well...Good but ugly Italian made eagle on a very bad overseas cap which was probably made from a cut up Swedish great coat (thick wool).
      Last edited by NickG; 04-29-2020, 11:07 PM.

Comment

The eagles are original italian made eagles + cockades .
        They are not that " nice " but original . Many were found in Germany a long time ago
        and were on the european market .
        The faker simply used these eagles for his work as they were very cheap at that time , long before cheap chinese repros appeared on the market .
        Nick

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
          The eagles are original italian made eagles + cockades .
          They are not that " nice " but original . Many were found in Germany a long time ago
          and were on the european market .
          The faker simply used these eagles for his work as they were very cheap at that time , long before cheap chinese repros appeared on the market .
          Nick
          Agreed completely.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X