Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NKS View Post
    Not the same hat....
    Adrian, agree that it's not the same cap and other than being field made and Italian camo, no real similarities. It's sewn side flap details and two button construction stand out.

I've said my bit.

s/f Robert

Comment

it's the same button but once and there is an additional seam on the peak. Otherwise the similarity is there. But as I said, such a hat without a war time photo will always be discussed controversially. Nobody wants to throw their money out of the window.

Comment

These caps have to be some of the most difficult NS items to authenticate. At least in the postwar US, they they were among the least popular GI bringbacks, especially without insignia, which were occasionally added be the soldier to make any captured item more of a conversation piece.

Comment

I like it and as i already wrote, when it comes cheap always worth to take a risk. They existed, with one or two Buttons, not one is complete the same. With a nice GBJ Tunic it will look great so or so...
          Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 04-18-2020, 08:55 AM.
          WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

I like it also , feeling story ...it's always better to have these in your hands to have a
            firm opinion !
            My little contribution : found privately in France many years ago and worn .
            Original machine sewn on WH badges .
            Nick
            Attached Files

Comment

That's a credible-looking cap, Nick. Finished inside seams and solid construction. Good comparison piece to post.

s/f Robert

Comment

Several m43 style hats being worn by Sagitario of Decima Mas marines 44/45.
                The Italians were copying the German style headgear at that time .
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                  That's a credible-looking cap, Nick. Finished inside seams and solid construction. Good comparison piece to post.

s/f Robert
                  And from a solid proveniance ! when you have it in your hands , it's a one looker !
                  Nick

Comment

Thanks for the great photos!

Comment

What a beautiful cap Nick! I love it.

Best regards
                      Adrian

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                      I like it also , feeling story ...it's always better to have these in your hands to have a
                      firm opinion !
                      My little contribution : found privately in France many years ago and worn .
                      Original machine sewn on WH badges .
                      Nick

Comment

Nick
                        Top class Camo cap !!
                        Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Again my appreciation to ALL who have taken the time/effort to participate in this thread. Especially to those posting the fantastic pictures!!

These types of caps are difficult (for me) even in hand let alone from photos!

Regrettably there is no picture or provenance to attach to the cap other than that a friend of mine living in Germany sourced this example “direct from holder family in Bavaria, 100% untouched” (I bought his story and his hat!).

B. N. Singer

Comment

i know christian he is correct and he usually has good items. I've only had good experiences with him.

Best regards
                            Adrian

Comment

Originally posted by NKS View Post
                              i know christian he is correct and he usually has good items. I've only had good experiences with him.

Best regards
                              Adrian
                              Thank you Sir.

Yes he has become a good friend and I have acquired nothing but the Very Best from him!

Regards to you,
                              B. N.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X