Luftwaffe Officer Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Officer Cap

I was looking to add a Luftwaffe Officer's Cap to my luft badges for display...I know nothing about them unfortunately...so I'm looking for some advice from you guys...this one is $1000 on a dealer's site...is it 100% legit, un-messed with, and price?...would it be considered a near mint example?
    Attached Files

Hi there,

Certainly appears to be a nice example but I wouldn't classify it as near mint. There’s period wear in the sweat band and and the lining, and despite the low res images I’m seeing scattered mothing to the wool top.

You’d want to see a photo of the interior stitching where the eagle is attached to see if it’s truly 100% period and doesn’t have a reattached eagle. Otherwise I’d say at a cursory glance it looks like a good cap.

J-

Comment

It's for shure a very nice early EREL LW officer cap, but 1000$? Can be a fair price for a dealers site but if you are looking for a LW officer cap, I would wait for a textbook example with vented cocade and EREL typical sweatband!
      Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by steiner99 View Post
        It's for shure a very nice early EREL LW officer cap, but 1000$? Can be a fair price for a dealers site but if you are looking for a LW officer cap, I would wait for a textbook example with vented cocade and EREL typical sweatband!
        Just my opinion.
        I've been looking for several years like this, but still haven't found it. I think around $ 850, it would be a good price
        Carlo

Comment

I agree, save up your money & go vented--you can't go wrong:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Thanks for the sound advice...I guess I will look for a nice vented one.

Comment

Oh my goodness...we have some serious vented cockade snobs here!

Non-vented are nice too.

J-
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Lenny W; 03-16-2020, 05:31 AM. Reason: Rotate pictures

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X