No announcement yet.

M 43 Cap w. 116. Pzdiv badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better pics of the stitching on the national insignia would help - nevertheless my first impression based on the pics provided: reapplied. Secondly, based on the fact I see little evidence of interaction between the badge and the cap I would assume that the 116 badge was added at a later date - but also here better pics of the prongs and cap area would help. The shape of the cap itself and its wear is very attractive.

Comment

Hat looks OK to me..I think the insignia may be the original machine sewing but it has been repaired in some places by hand sewing.

Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
        Hat looks OK to me..I think the insignia may be the original machine sewing but it has been repaired in some places by hand sewing.
        Glenn
        Better pics would tell.

Comment

yes

I agree, looks good to me as well. Agree some repairs may have been made. Original insignia and hat imho.

Comment

Original cap. Need better pictures of the insignia what's interesting is the cap turned brown in places. I had one like that once not sure what could have caused the wool to turn like that.
            Attached Files
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
              Original cap. Need better pictures of the insignia what's interesting is the cap turned brown in places. I had one like that once not sure what could have caused the wool to turn like that.
              Attractive cap Lenny. Did you spill you coffee again?

Comment

Nice original cap but the trap has been reapplied and what looks like machine stitching are in fact stitches made by hand trying to replicate machine stitching made with a seeing machine....nothing that’s unheard of.
                Cheers

Comment

Agree..re-applied triangle..

Jos

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                    Italian wool usualy turn brown ( have italian wool made ovecoat which here and there turn brown ).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X