Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice collection

Comment

I still think the Studentenbund buckle is real.

By the color, I meant the grey look that most fake buckles have. It can sometimes be an indicator of a cast fake, but some real ones are grey as well.

Comment

Thanks Belten

I do as well think it is real but with some tough wear. You guys are helpful and it feels good to be plugged in with other collectors who have the passion.

Cheers!

Comment

Rossi, Thank you very much for your excellent post. I enjoyed it very much. BILL

Comment

Cheers Bill

Bill,

Thanks as well. It has been nice rubbing elbows and getting to know everyone. Wished I would have joined sooner. Nice to have others wisdom to lean on and I hope to be able to contribute and strengthen the bench and score a few points for the home collecting team out there preserving history

Until Later!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. You have a nice cross section of buckles. I think you will find a lot better information here and on the War Relics forum than any of the current reference books. It has been almost 10 years since the Angolia and Nash books came out. A lot of repos have come out in the last ten years.

All the best

Kirby

Comment

With these new pictures, the Studentenbund buckle doesn't look questionable anymore.
                In fact, we may not be used to see worn example of this buckle, as they ever come brand new, just like the SA Wehrmanschaft buckles...
                There are a couple of buckles type that we still do not knowif they were used on the field and just a few pictures in wear do exist !

Anyway, nice buckle and good thread.
                Thanks to all.

Simon

Comment

Good Stuff

It was good to have involvement of you Simon and many of the other troops that weighed in. Thanks again

Comment

Good variety of buckles in your collection I also like your website nicely done.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
                      I think you will find a lot better information here and on the War Relics forum than any of the current reference books. It has been almost 10 years since the Angolia and Nash books came out. A lot of repos have come out in the last ten years.
                      Agreed!

Kross, WAF and WRF are the best way to learn about buckles. Both the Angolia and Nash books are full of errors, although they're an alright general reference. I made a list of errors in the Angolia book (the ones I knew about anyway), but I sold my copy and sent the list along with it.

One big mistake that's repeated over and over is Angolia describing aluminum buckles as injection molded. Another thing to watch out for are the top Luftwaffe buckles on pages 134 and 136. Both of those are fakes which fool many people.

Comment

Congrats!, nice buckles and nice collection
                        Regards
                        Iván

Comment

Rossi,

Lovely collection of buckles you got there

Thanks for showing.

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

Thanks much.

QUOTE=Mac 66;6612576]Rossi,

Lovely collection of buckles you got there

Thanks for showing.

Regards Mac 66.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by kross View Post
                              I am new on Forum as of today. After 18 months I have finally got most of my collection on the web. Many years in the making but feels good to have it archived.

Hope you guys like. Link is below

http://tothehiltmilitaria.com/collection/belts-buckles
                              Hello ,

a lot of great stuff in your collection !

I have also take a look on your buckles and must say , i echo the other

gentlemen because of the Stahlhelmbund buckle .

It is a well known older fake box and roundel . 3 solder holes are absolutely

nothing .

I must take more than one eye to make a judgment about the Studentenbund

buckle , but i see no red flags .

Most of his silver anodized finish is obtain . So for me it is a nice worn original .

All moldet fakes are missed the anodized finish . This is not feasible for cast

material !

I hope this helps you

Comment

Super Detail!

Thanks Yellow12!

I have to say it again you have a terrific and quality collection of buckles. Very impressive. Thanks for your analysis and taking time to opine. Very appreciated as well to the other collectors on here who took time. Have a good day.

Go collect something cool today!

Originally posted by yellow12 View Post
                                Hello ,

a lot of great stuff in your collection !

I have also take a look on your buckles and must say , i echo the other

gentlemen because of the Stahlhelmbund buckle .

It is a well known older fake box and roundel . 3 solder holes are absolutely

nothing .

I must take more than one eye to make a judgment about the Studentenbund

buckle , but i see no red flags .

Most of his silver anodized finish is obtain . So for me it is a nice worn original .

All moldet fakes are missed the anodized finish . This is not feasible for cast

material !

I hope this helps you

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X