Wehrwolf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buckle1 View Post
    Here is my other Wehrwolf buckle. Guido, as you can see mine is a bit different then the one you show, and is missing the right eye but never the less a very rare variation.

Bill
    Hallo Bill,

I can not comment the complete buckle, but the Wehrwolf badge on your buckle is a well known fake member badge. Material copper, not silvered and with a straight jaw. The real member badges of this variant were silvered and had always a very round jaw.

Last edited by Sergeant 08; 02-05-2008, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks for ,the information. I have never seen the badge you mentioned and you may very well be correct. If the badge is a fake then so is the buckle but the body of the buckle is absolutely correct. I found this in a yard sale and bought it for next to nothing. Until I can get further clarification on the badge being fake I am not going to worry about it. These buckles were produced by many firms so they may vary in style. Anyway, thanks for the information. These buckles are very rare and I have to assume the badges are as well, even the fake ones since I have never encountered one. Guido's buckle certainly fits the discription you give of an original. Hopefully some other members will come in on this as well.

Bill

Comment

Here is a picture of a fake member badge:

But I like Guidos buckle.......It looks like a nice known original badge on the buckle.

Comment

Here is a original badge variant that is comparable with the fake badge....Please look at the jaw....

Comment

... and the silvered material

Comment

Originally posted by buckle1 View Post
              Communist Sports League- this buckle was in use for less than a year.
              Name of this league could be ASV Fichte Eberswalde (ASV = Arbeiter Sport Verein / workes sport league )
              see picture in next message -

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Norton,,

Thanks for posting that thread. Very interesting.

Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X