1st pattern WB's P&L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st pattern WB's P&L

Wanted to share my two 1st pattern Petz & Lorenz WB brothers with you guys, enjoy!

1st pattern black WB by P&L:

1st pattern silver WB by P&L:

Regrettably I still haven't found a gold one yet to add to the collection....

Regards,

George

Hi George, i like the black not so sure about the silver though , a very different set up, but wait while the experienced guys chip in Kevin.

Comment

Hi mate!
      Just your SWB it's PuL.BWB unknown producer for me.
      I have gold grade
      Regards
      N.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,

According to what you said about the black WB, I started looking for better comparison.
        Looking in the Russian WB book I found two at least known possibility's being:

1. It is produced by P&L, but with different set up (although the set up does also not totally match the second presumable P&L set up):

2. It is produced by Gustav Brehmer, being the black version of the so called luxury variants with backplate (Set up does definitely match the ones of Brehmer):

What do you guys think?

Regards,

George
        Last edited by george1996; 06-27-2018, 07:00 AM.

Comment

1st Pattern Wound Badge

This one is looks pretty good to me. More like the GB than the P&L, as illustrated in the book. I note the latter has a much thinner catch.
          If only there were an English translation for this reference, it looks way better and much more detailed than anything else to hand here. I must stop bellyaching about this one.

Comment

Brehmer? How is that link made?
            Regards
            Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
            I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

1 Type 1939 Wound Badge

Personally I am assuming (perhaps wrongly) that what George is referring to as Brehmer is the colour picture of the pin/catch fitting at the bottom, which looks more like the piece in question. As I cannot read what is printed in Russian (unfortunately) I was taking it that this is what was written there. Is it not? Or is my assumption just confusing things?
              Regards
              Norman

Comment

1st Type 1939 Wound Badge

Ps: I meant to add: the likeness of course does not mean it IS a Brehmer; only that it LOOKS like a Brehmer.
                Regards
                Norman

Comment

Originally posted by Hans N View Post
                  Brehmer? How is that link made?
                  Well the link to Gustav Brehmer is made in the Russian WB book. It states that the luxury variants, such as the gold variant shown in the book were made by Brehmer. Looking at the catch, pin and hook of this gold variant, it looks very much the same as on my black variant. Therefore I think it is possible that this is the so called black "luxury" grade which is presummably made by Brehmer according to the Russian WB book.

Comment

I understand that it comes from the russian book but how did they come to that conclusion? Just because it says so in the book it doesn´t mean it is right...

I think i know how they came up with the Brehmer theory but i´ll keep that to my self atm.
                    Regards
                    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
                    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X