No announcement yet.

Help on golden wound badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just some others out of interest, sorry about the pic's it's a conjuction of the light, and a thumping headache of a hangover

Dated box, earlyish LDO designation (I deem the designation as 'earlier' ??)
    Attached Files

Comment

Underside of box
      Attached Files

Comment

Wound

Nice badges everybody and nice set of packets and cases Marcus! Here are mine.
        Attached Files

Comment

Wound

The gold one now. Both are "30" and both have the "rings".
          Attached Files

Comment

Earlier style box, with the rectangular LDO designation, the later boxes differ very slightly, and it would take rather a long time to give you some fact's and 'theory' findings..........another day I think, theres not alot of difference though.

Comment

Wound

Marcus, I think you may be interested to know that the burgundy one (metal hinged) is marked 269.KB. underneath the inside insert and the other case (black with textile hinge) is marked 621.KB.

Comment

Underside of mid war
                Attached Files

Comment

Ah Terry my friend,

629 is a base number only (KB the maker); 629 refers to the fact that the base is an intentional wound badge base.

621 This is the serial number for KB in reference to the base being for a EK and KVK. Box numbers do differ they are the pencil and ink printed markings (eg KB, not all) ..........although having said that there are variations like with the maker D&B or some just aren't marked at all.........theres a bit more to it than that though, I will divulge all soon

The black base one though is typical for the late war box of the gold wound badge as far as I'm aware and the maroon boxes were intended for both (with different colour bases) but 9 times out of ten you see silver WB's in them.

Allan has a nice untouched 'vet find' gold WB in a box like yours too.

If any other of your boxes bases lift out please do let me know what you find, but please don't force or try to take bases out for the sake of it.

Here's a couple more.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

A cellophane packet, you see where the LDO box sits just below the line of the rear box..........this is a good sign for a genuine LDO cellophane packet. The fakes 'tend' to sit in the middle or are much lower in realtion to the rear inscription box.

It's just my own opinion alone, that if the LDO box is too far below this line or in the middle it's fake. This theory so far has been justified in all the fake and genuine examples I have seen and own. This should not be taken as gospel, as I say it's my own personal perception at this moment in time.
                    Attached Files

Comment

As I think I earlier said about colour coded boxes, this blue LDO box was intended for the Gold Wound Badge.

Comment

Wound cases

Originally posted by Marcus. H
                        Ah Terry my friend,

621 This is the serial number for KB in reference to the base being for a EK and KVK. Box numbers do differ they are the pencil and ink printed markings (eg KB, not all) ..........although having said that there are variations like with the maker D&B or some just aren't marked at all.........theres a bit more to it than that though, I will divulge all soon

If any other of your boxes bases lift out please do let me know what you find, but please don't force or try to take bases out for the sake of it.

Marcus
                        Just checked my cases.....and yes, "621" on the inserts of a few cases for KVK1, EKs and also in a case for a 1st class Ostvolk award.

Comment

Thanks Marcus and the rest of you.

Peter Wiking

Comment

Nice sets Marcus, i didn't knew that you are a WB enthusiast.

I have a question about the #3 paper bag you posted.
                            I don't like it at all and is looking similar to the fake WB bags (and not only) i have seen in Germany the last years with different maker marks printings.
                            Is this bag match with the proper WB? If yes does the WB has maker markings? From where did you got it?

Keep them coming
                            sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X