Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ww1 converted????

Hello,
    Found this today in a little gun shop while picking up some ammo, found it sitting in a show case. Looks like a good WW1 black wound badge that someone tried to convert into a 1st pattern "1939" or Spanish, Condor Legion wound badge.
    Can't tell if it was period or later(looks later) but is some rust in the reverse of the swastika. Any helpful thoughts appreciated, Thanks...
    Van
    Attached Files

Hi Van,

Cringe.

Yes, that's someone who's taken a $20-30 badge and tried to turn it into a $100-150 badge but ended up with a $5 badge instead. It would probably be worth more if you literally put a bullet through it.

Regards
    Mike
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

LOL,,,, thanks for the reply...
      Van

Comment

Hello Van,

This could be the new thing like hollow silver or gold wound badge. ☺
        I can already hear the story:
        " late in the war when the martials were short, the frima who produced the wound badge got permission to trun wold war one badges in to badge that could be used. These are very rare. Price 300 to 500 euro." 🙄😁

No, seriously. I agree with Mike.

Rasmus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
          Yes, that's someone who's taken a $20-30 badge and tried to turn it into a $100-150 badge but ended up with a $5 badge instead. It would probably be worth more if you literally put a bullet through it.
          Agree with Mike 100%.

@Mike, be careful you wish might come true and soon enough the marked witll be flooded with bullet damaged rare WB´s
          Regards
          Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
          I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X