Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your opinion on a Marine Wound badge

Hello
    I would like to have your opinion on this badge, it seems to be made in Tombak, ( not magnetic )
    I have had it in my collection for some time but I wonder, would it be a manufacture post WW1 ?
    Thank You

Gaëtan
    Attached Files

Hi Gaetan,

well to be honest that badge is a type i don´t feel comfortable with and with that said i am not saying it´s a fake. But Soft details and a hardware i do not recognize from any maker regarded as original don´t feel right.

I have said it in the past and will repeat it again. These are a litterally mine field IMO.
    Regards
    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Thank you very much for your message, I just saw that there are several posts on this subject.
      I will do more research but I think we will always have a doubt ..

Gaëtan

Comment

Hi Gaëtan,

I have to agree with Hans. It has characteristics of the post-WW2 S&L produced pieces but the finish almost looks newly spray painted and the hardware is trying to imitate late-WW1 to 30s style. All the factors do not gel for me so it's one I would not want to own.

Regards
        Mike
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
          Hi Gaëtan,

I have to agree with Hans. It has characteristics of the post-WW2 S&L produced pieces but the finish almost looks newly spray painted and the hardware is trying to imitate late-WW1 to 30s style. All the factors do not gel for me so it's one I would not want to own.

Regards
          Mike
          Bonjour Mike
          I looked at it well and it is made in tombak and with a manufacture and finish very close to Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen by Karneth that I have in my possession.
          What do you think ?

Gaëtan
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X