Silver Wound Badge "100"-for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Wound Badge "100"-for review

I would like to get your opinion about this Silver Wound Badge. It has many characteristics of original "100" manufacturer. But it seems, there is traces of some strange coating on the obverse, It cannot be removed with acetone. Was this badge re-silvered or repainted? Pin is magnetic.
    Thank you in advance for your comments.
    Attached Files

Hi Klaus,

A fine original for me, just not sure about the bright white frosted finish. Wait to see what the others say.

Tom
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Klaus,

I agree, a nice original. Re the white powdery effect, it may be the frosted finish degrading or it may be the residue from a cleaning attempt. I'm inclined to think it's the remains of the original finish, so I'd suggest it 's left alone.

If you are desperate to check, then try a test area with a soft toothbrush and warm soapy water. Make sure you dry it THOROUGHLY afterwards - it's the only use I have for my wife's hairdryer!

Regards
      Mike
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi

I see no problem with this badge and the misscoulering around the hinge is not unusual.

Great condition on this one

Cheers,
        Ronny

Comment

Thank you very much for all your comments !!!
          As the surface of the badge is not reacting to acetone, I will not play with my luck. I will keep it as is.
          Best regards,
          Klaus

Comment

The yellowing on the front of the badges finish is very typical for this maker, I have seen it many times. IMO it only proves the originality of the finish.

Nice badge!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisje110 View Post
              The yellowing on the front of the badges finish is very typical for this maker, I have seen it many times. IMO it only proves the originality of the finish.

Nice badge!
              Thank you very much for this information !!!

Best regards,
              Klaus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X