Hunting badge? Era ? help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting badge? Era ? help?

Nice badge,,"Maidmans Heil" ? Well made any help?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by birdie; 12-25-2018, 03:42 PM. Reason: error

heya buddy

very nice and early hunting badge made by juweleer in pure silver, your badge have the typical design from 1870 to around 1900 and is often used by sports organisations like " biking" ( which was very new at that time ) or "vanderen" etc.
    its in a very nice condition indeed.

the " maidmanns heil" is not the correct ekspression/retorik, the correct words is " Weidmanns Heil " and is a traditional langue whit in the hunting catagory or more in new time - a hunters rule set.

Weidmannsheil is a greeting that, according to hunting tradition, is also answered with the greeting "Weidmannsheil". Only when a wild animal is killed, the petitioner must respond to the congratulation of a well-wishers with a "Weidmannsdank". The exception to this rule is the hunter's strike, in which, according to hunting tradition, the young hunter is admitted to the circle of hunters as part of a solemn act by the regional hunters. In the case of a hunter's strike, the young hunter also has to answer whit a " Weidmanns Dank ".

so in a few words, your badge represent a virgin hunters transmission into the pro circle.

cheers

Comment

As Carsten 135 pointed out the correct xpression is "Weidmanns

Heil" - and so is the text on the badge. The first letter ist a "W" written in an anciend spelling or

typing.

Gerdan

Comment

Last edited by chiffonnier; 08-31-2020, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the hilarious laugh on this one, some of the **** that the so-called experts come up with is amazing.

This is a commercial badge worn on German trachten hats. The period is probably from the 60s' to early 80s'. Most likely silver plated.

Comment

Thanks

To all except 101 vet..don't know what his game is, but he dogs any post I make..There is no way this badge is modern.The construction, pin, and materials are vintage....again thanks to the others guys and the informative posts.
            Last edited by birdie; 12-26-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              To all except 101 vet..don't know what his game is, but he dogs any post I make..There is no way this badge is modern.The construction, pin, and materials are vintage....again thanks to the others guys and the informative posts.
              Dogs? So would you rather I lie to you? If you knew about this badge why did you ask about it?
              Last edited by 101combatvet; 12-26-2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Well looky here.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...&LH_Complete=1

another old one like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  Well, that proves it. Ebay is now the new historical reference site.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X