Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichsparteitag 1929 Nürenberg B piece

hi guys

some years ago i was in contact whit a german collector who had this for sale as a privately purchased B piece and it was a here and now deal, so no regrets did i miss something in my childhood or what is your guys opinion on this ?

cheers

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

I've never seen a '29 RPT with this marking, and without a maker's mark... I look forward to what others here can add to your question.

Br. James

Comment

It looks like a cast or at most a private purchase jeweller's copy.
      The details are not crisp.
      B probably doesnt make sense.

Mil

Comment

Should look like this:

The obverse of the one in the first post looks more like the hollow version. So maybe a cast copy of one.

Comment

The pin assembly on Carsten135's piece is not correct for a standard '29 RPT Badge, either -- I wonder whether this piece could have begun as a souvenir or award Medallion from the '29 RPT? Perhaps if we knew the dimensions of this piece, that may tell us something more?

Br. James

Comment

Hello,

an obviously cast badge with poor details, a wrong needle system and a printed (??) "B" in modern style?

What can that be?

In my opinion this one is simply a modern fake, I would not give a single buck for that.

Kind Regards

Max_Porter

Comment

heya guys

yes its a little bugger this one and yes br. here is some measurement :

hight : 47 mm precis
              wide : 20 mm precis

its slightly vaulted as you can see on the pic. and the only info i got around it was as a private order as a extra to the original, but no info on maker.

some of the things i was around at the time i bought it was that the pin system is not odd it seems time period, it was in use from late ww1 on wounded badges and widely used through up the 20 and 30 especially on civil broches, jewelry etc. but again its not the standard pin system as on the originals.
              its bought around summer 4 years ago near berlin and i have never seen it before nor have i seen a example after either and in this case i had my heels on that you guys had seen it before.

here is some extra pics

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

Comment

honestly it looks like a cheap casting, it is made thick so that it will not bend easily, just look at the details at the edge at the back, it is not even flat, look at the catch and the hinge, it is nothing like a real badge of any sort

Comment

I agree with John and the close up photo just confirms it. Just a cast copy and nothing more. Not even a private purchase or jeweller's copy.

Mil

Comment

thx guys for all comments, ill use it as a fishhook and maybe it will be more appropriate in that category.

Comment

Interesting to see all of the effort lavished upon the tower and city rooftops on this piece -- fakers usually don't spend the time on this level of detail.

Br. James

Comment

If you study the front carefully, the swastika and eagle's feet are off when compared to the original. Is closer to the fake stamped tinnies of this type

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X