• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austrian Heimatschutz tinnie

Originally posted by stuart c
    Here's a couple of new additions.First is an Austrian Heimatschutz tinnie
    Hi Stuart,
    A very good photo and lovely tinnie ; what period would this tinnie be?? There is no swastica on it; nowhere on the tinnie or the helmet?. Austria became in german hands in 1938?!
    Is it a german helmet? If not , it could be earlier then 1938....!
    Heimatschutz ( nation protection ) against who?
    Perhaps do you, or another historic interested forum member, know more about this splendid tinnie.
    regards
    Ben Baars

Comment

Messeamt

office in charge of exhibitions. Looks like for radio, in this case.
      -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Thanks for that Ralph,my pocket German dictionary didn't stretch to "messeamt"

John,I agree with you a cracking eagle.

Ben,sorry I dont have any info on the Heimatschutz,however I do have another of their Tinnies
        Attached Files

Comment

Stuart, Heimatschutz is (Homeland protection) as they both display the Stahlhelm I would say it's for a military reserve unit meeting day. Messeamt has something to do with measurement I don't know how that relates to what appears to be a transmission tower on your badge I would think it would be like Office of weights and measures that's my two cents worth.
          Last edited by James Noble; 04-03-2004, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Recent acquisition.....
            Attached Files

Comment

Plain reverse....
              Attached Files

Comment

small tinnie!

Any thoughts on this tiny one, 26x22mm?

Regards
                Peter
                Attached Files

Comment

Peter, Very nice laborday s/p I haven't seen this one before.

Comment

Originally posted by stuart c
                    Ben,sorry I dont have any info on the Heimatschutz,however I do have another of their Tinnies
                    The organization/s was/were the Austrian Heimwehr (the HW on the shield). This was paramilitary and political and very similar to the right wing movement in Germany between the World Wars. Their history was too convoluted to summarize here, but began in the early post-WWI years as an effort to expel encroaching Yugoslavs and to restore order (basically an Austrian freikorps movement). A look at inter-war Austrian history, or a quick Google search, will yield a lots of details.

Comment

Austrian Heimwehr

Originally posted by VerKuilen Ager
                      The organization/s was/were the Austrian Heimwehr (the HW on the shield). This was paramilitary and political and very similar to the right wing movement in Germany between the World Wars. Their history was too convoluted to summarize here, but began in the early post-WWI years as an effort to expel encroaching Yugoslavs and to restore order (basically an Austrian freikorps movement). A look at inter-war Austrian history, or a quick Google search, will yield a lots of details.
                      Guys,thank you all for the pictures and information about Heimwehr-tinnies!
                      Ben Baars

Comment

Here are a couple of newbies..both are early tinnies..first one is a Catholic day tinnie from 1932. Nice looking tinnie..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Second one is a festival day tinnie for Bad Dürrheim 1934..that's all for now..Mike
                          Attached Files

Comment

Kdf

KDF in plastic, or is it bakelite?
                            ... John
                            Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
                              Attached Files

Comment

Another KDF

They make a nice couple..............
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X