Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John, The first one appears to be a painted lead SS officer, # 2 appears to be a award pin for mountian climbing, #3 is a very nice tinnie for a meeting to let the people of the listed towns to always work togather for the betterment of all. lose translation is (We will always triumph if we pull togather.)

Comment

James, would seeing the back of the soldier shed any more light on what this 'tinnie' was for ? A WHW series, perhaps?
      I've seen a few others in this series, Soldiers, Luft and K M officers
      ,etc...

Regards ... John
      Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

John, It looks similar to the WHW men. Does your have a stand or just the feet--can't quite tell in the photo. Back sure looks WHW though. Mike

Comment

Here are three more from James Noble!! Enjoy! Gottem running now!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Last one for now. Thanks James!
              Attached Files

Comment

John, I almost said WHW to begain with as far as soldier goes. I saw the top of the pin but thought it might be something you had it prop up on for the scan. Yes Mike is right the WHW had a whole set of these Soldaten der Wehrmacht in 1937/38 sold by the SA & SS.

Comment

WHW Figures

WHW Figures

Most, if not all of the WHW figures are made from porcelain or plastic. I have not encountered any in lead but your soldier may be from the range of items produced for "Tag der Wehrmacht".

Comment

Marc, your correct about WHW figures. From the scan of the front of soldier it appeared to be one of the lead soldiers that were available at the time.

Comment

Good evening people, should have said, It's made of plastic..
                      What I find of Interest is the thought that went into the design of such an Item. Not only have they put a round stand on it, as well as a pin, but there's a hole through the head for a cotton tie, giving the client, and I suppose the collector, options in price and how to display. These badges must have been made in their thousands, I just can't Imagine sitting there painting each hand, face, bits of uniform, cuff title, arm band etc....

Best regards....... John
                      Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

Interesting point John. I have seen many unpainted which led me to believe that they might have come un-painted and painted by the new owner-or child--kinda like the models of today. Don't know that for a fact but could be! Any other ideas out there?? Mike

Comment

WHW Figures (2)

WHW Figures (2)

Since the fall of the Berlin Wall a considerable number of porcelain figures have emerged from both private and commercial store houses. These are mainly unpainted, with and with out pins.

The figures sold through the WHW should all have been painted, glazed and complete with pins. The whole point of having the figures finished was it gave work to the unemployed who were paid for their labours; part of what the WHW was for.

Some of the plastic figures had a small piece of cotton or sting attached instead of a pin. Some of the others, mainly those of military equipment (dark grey) had neither pin or thread.

Another KWHW series that can still be found in abundance in Germany are the star signs (Stern Bilder) that were sold during October 21st and 22nd 1944. They can still be found in cartons of 100, with either thread, safety pin or a wire means of attachment.

Comment

Is this real / Plastic Figure

Is this real (FlaK 40 17/11)

I have found your badge illustrated in a small book on badges used between 1930 and 1945.
                            It is listed as "SS Thank you pin for true help in the war time" however that translation is open to other interpretation.

Plastic Figure

I have at last found this little figure. It is part of a set released on the 18th of October 1940 for the Police "Tag der Deutschen Polizei" 5 standing, 1 on a motor bike and 1 on horseback.

Comment

Marc, when you have the time, could you let us know what books you are using for reference? I would love to try and get some for myself! Thanks, Mike

Comment

little early...

Maybe not Thrid Reich--but interesting ribbon type tinnie--Any ideas??
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 52 users online. 0 members and 52 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X