Fritz Todt- Souval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fritz Todt- Souval

I just picked this up at an auction and thought it was a very interesting badge indeed so thought I would show it to see if anyone else has a similar one

I have seen and owned dozens of the standard post war Souval examples of this badge but never with a known wartime setup.

Maybe the die was in use prior to May 45???
    Attached Files

this is the wide pin used by Souval on some of their badges- here is a wartime flak owned by Tom with exactly this setup minus the hinge plate
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Patrick,

this type of wartime wide pin hardware was also used by Souval during the very early years of their postwar production on some badges/awards. I have a few very early postwar German Crosses that also use this wide pin hardware. They really don't turn up easy but they do exist.
      As production time went by, combinations of this type and the typical postwar hardware were also used.
      Souval made some display/wearer pieces of rarer awards & decorations during the war. The extraordinary German National Prize for Art and Science being an example. I'm sure this Fritz Todt badge is not such an example though. Very interesting piece never the less, thanks for showing.

Best regards,
      Alex

Comment

Cool badge Patrick. When it comes to Souval and an award like this it is impossible to say whether it was made during the war or after. Like the previous post stated they used leftover wartime hardware postwar.
        Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X