Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SA Medal, München 1929-1930 opinions, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Medal, München 1929-1930 opinions, please!

Hello Gent's,
    can any one help me by this medal?
    All opinions are welcome!

Thank you,

Dirk
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I've never seen this medal before, but I don't see any red flags.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Nor do I...wish I knew who "SA Mann M. Horch" was -- that would add to the context.

Br. James

Comment

Very nice and of high quality!

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
            Nor do I...wish I knew who "SA Mann M. Horch" was -- that would add to the context.

Br. James
            I suspect that he was a humble but loyal SA Man who either was given the medal for winning some sort of competition, or perhaps his SA Sturm was presented with the medals in commemoration of the Führer's birthday.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

I suspect this was an early award that wasnt given long, obviously on Adolphs birthday, and is there a number on the edge?

This man on the front has broken his bonds of chains and must have measured up to the fullest extent one could achieve as an SA man of highest regard in hitlers eyes.
              I believe this may turn out to be quite rare and possibly valuable once it is researched completely, so hang on to it, and maybe someday the number of winners may be known, but until then, you have found quite the piece nobody else here likely has but you.

Congratulations are in order on your not passing on this when it was discovered. Is there a story about where it was found or whom it was purchased from in general you care to share?

Comment

SAAR related?
                Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Wood View Post
                  SAAR related?
                  Pete

Pete,

My first thought too.

Theme has a definite resemblance, but SAAR reunification was 5 years later....

Attached Files
                  RonR

Comment

"Breaking the bonds / chains of slavery" was quite a common theme for art throughout the Kämpfzeit, as well as later on regarding the Saarland, Rhineland, Schleswig, etc. During the Kämpfzeit it was perceived "slavery or bondage" under the Versailles Treaty and then under the Weimar Government. I believe it was also depicted that way in Austria, the Sudetenland and in East Prussia.

Br. James

Comment

Agree--at this point the NSDAP was trying to get into power and were more concerned with jobs, food, and restoring Germany.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Anyone know whether or not the cathedral is the one in Köln?
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

D a s v !

DASV Nationaler Wettstreit 1929-1930

Nothing to do with Hitler, nothing to do with Hitler`s birthday, nothing to do with the SA and nothing at all, to do with the NSDAP.
                          Found on Ebay for under 10 Euros, in more than one version with the same obverse. The reverse shows you anyway that its a bulk-produced, 0815 Medal, with place for the winners name to be etched.

Many of these around at that time for all kinds of sports. Can be found in pre 1933 catalogs, can be found on the net for all kinds of sports. Wrestling, Boxing, Cycling and so on..

The DASV had nothing to do with the NSDAP in 1929-1930, and so it is my opinion that the name has been engraved post war to increase the price, which would otherwise be under €10.-
                          Just add S.A, add Hitlers Birthday and Bob is your Uncle, flip an otherwise worthless item into Real Coin!

Comment

Hi Erich,

"Anyone know whether or not the cathedral is the one in Köln?"

Is there a cathedral depicted on this piece, or referred to on this thread...?? Apologies if I've missed something...

Br. James

Comment

OOPS!! Sorry, but I didn't look back far enough; only to RonR's addition to this thread!! Careless...

And yes, that certainly looks like the Cologne Cathedral to me!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X